Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Maint Req Light

toyota06

Reaction score
My Maint Req Light has been on for a month now and i cant seem to turn it off. usaly when it comes on i change my oil and then i reset the light with the button below the steering wheel now when i do this i cant seem to reset it at all. Anyone else ever have this problem? is there something else thats telling me needs done befor i can reset it? its a 2005 Xrunner. Thanks for the help :adore:

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
mine comes on for oil changed too, and i reset it ^ that way and it always works :dontknow:

toyota06

Reaction score
I have cleared it befor for 5 years then all of a sudden wont reset.

dramad1

Reaction score
Yep, I cycle the odo thru and back to odo then turn the key to the off position. Then while holding the trip reset down turn the key to on. You will see four dashes, "----", then three dashes, "---", then two "--", then one "-" then it will reset and go off. The button under the steering wheel is for the tire pressure sensor reset. Gl man. Sounds like you were holding the wrong one down. It's the one on the gauge cluster that you need to push. Duh! lol jk man. Hope this helps.

justin13703

Reaction score
Yep it sounds to me like you were hitting the button for the tire pressure reset.

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
I have cleared it befor for 5 years then all of a sudden wont reset.

So for 5 years you were able to reset it fine and now it just won't go off hmm well have you given it all scheduled services?

X_Less

Reaction score
So for 5 years you were able to reset it fine and now it just won't go off hmm well have you given it all scheduled services?

I think he might of had a problem that fixed itself... He was apparently pressing the TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) reset button to clear his maintenance req'd light.

The steps to clear the light have been said above and is too the method I've used since I got the truck (I use TRD filter with Royal Purple synthetic oil so I do 7K mile intervals instead of 5K).

CBRBob

Reaction score
s1e1_1_d.jpg

roy365

Reaction score
LOL. The TPMS button doesn't work for the right reason (recall), I'd hate to rely on that thing for something else other than what it's intended for.

Fiddich

Reaction score
make sure you have it on the miles and not trip a or b.. that maybe why it is not reseting...

toyota06

Reaction score
Yup thats it i was pressing the wrong button :stupid:and here i thoult i always did it by the button under the steering wheel. Thanks for the help everyone :adore:

Top Bottom