Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Maintence light flashing 6 times when I start it up!?

2006nightrider

Reaction score
For the past 4 days, i've noticed that my maintence light is flashing exactly 6 times everytime i start up my truck now, i never noticed it before, so i could be LD, but is anyone else having this problem with the URD S/C..and by the way, it goes away after the 6th blink, it doesnt say on...:hmmmm2:

ddongbap

Reaction score
How many miles you got? That ususally a warning that the light is going to stay on! Meaning that you're going to be late for a maintiance.

Okay, in a nutshell, that blinking light is a warning for an upcomming maintiance.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
How many miles you got? That ususally a warning that the light is going to stay on! Meaning that you're going to be late for a maintiance.

Okay, in a nutshell, that blinking light is a warning for an upcomming maintiance.

My oil is changed every 3,000 miles; usually sooner just to be safe. My last oil change was 1,600 miles ago. Right now I have 16,076 miles on it as of right now. I just had work done on it about 4 weeks ago; regular maintence. This only started happening after I put the S/C on it...wasnt sure what could cause it, and why it's not staying on, just blinking when I start it up everytime:dontknow:

utixrunner

Reaction score
its set up for every 5000 miles so if it wasnt on last time you got service then came on thats why, if its just matience you should be fine, if its a CEL then thats diffrent. It will eventually turn solid, I think there is a way to clear it, probly in the how to section here or on CT

stefan

Reaction score
im prettty sure that every xr does that at start up, im n/a and not do for an oil change and it does that every time.

utixrunner

Reaction score
my old taco would only do it at 5000 mile intervals:dontknow:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
well i have the computer component that tells you what codes are showing, but by the time i have it hooked up and on, the light flashing goes off, and the computer doesnt read anything....but i guess once it stays on, i'll figure it out...

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
To reset the light im pretty sure you put the Odometer display on. Turn the Key into the off position. Hold the Odometer button down and turn the key back into the on position holding the odo down tell it flashes or goes 000000.

X-Runnin

Reaction score
Ok $1000000 what happened was since you get you get your oil changed at every 3000 miles for some reason the last time you changed your oil the light was not flashing, therefore it was not reset :top:

The light flashes 6 times when you have driven 4500 miles since it was last reset and stays on full time at and after 5000 miles until it is reset again

Spyder327

Reaction score
Ok $1000000 what happened was since you get you get your oil changed at every 3000 miles for some reason the last time you changed your oil the light was not flashing, therefore it was not reset :top:

The light flashes 6 times when you have driven 4500 miles since it was last reset and stays on full time at and after 5000 miles until it is reset again

Thats correct, when you have the oil changed (no matter when) if the light is not reset, it will come on at an odd time. You need to manually reset the light. It s very different from the CEL and this light is not caused by your S/C.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
awesome, im gonna try it out today to see if it goes away...thanks for the help guys!!!:top:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
16K miles...i get my oil done every 3,000; most of the time around 2,500.

But i did what you guys told me to do to get the light off, and so far it worked! So thanks a lot fellas!!!:top:

Top Bottom