Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mass airflow sensor AGAIN!!!

denzel05

Reaction score
Was on here Sunday when I had a problem with truck. It was diagnosed as a mass air flow sensor (code P0103) I replaced the sensor, and all was good. This morning truck broke down again. All symptoms were exactly the same as what happened Sun. Just got done diagnosing it and it's a P0103 code again!!!! :hmmmm2: It was a remanufactured maf sensor.... Could this one be bad too, or is something else causing them to go bad???

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Change the connector plug that goes to the maf sensor as well as getting a new maf sensor.

STONER-X

Reaction score
check the connector wires... will the truck run then die?

if so with the truck running move the maf wires around at the connector...

maybe even try lightly tapping on it with a screwdriver...

look inside of the intake tube and see if there might be something like a leaf or tape near the sensor...

do you have a K&N filter?? check to see if the oil is coming off the filter and getting on the sensor

check to see if there are any air leaks after the maf sensor.. loose intake tube missing or cracked hose or even a bad grommet..

use some brake clean and spray it around the hoses after the maf.. if engine idle changes then there is a leak at that point... also be careful brake clean can funk up some paint and plastic parts so spray light...

Moneyblind

Reaction score
The same thing happened to me on my celica a couple of years ago. Turns out I was not seating the unit correctly, in addition to my original one being bad. So in my tinkering I found out what was going on, but by then the connecter had gotta jacked, so I replaced it as well, Soooooo.... I know its not really scientific, But all three of my codes were caused by, bad sensor, bad install, bad connector....lol good luck

denzel05

Reaction score
Stoner it starts and stalls the first time I crank it, then starts and runs, but idles ruff. Also its a urd tcai with amsoil filter.

PAXR

Reaction score
Stoner it starts and stalls the first time I crank it, then starts and runs, but idles ruff. Also its a urd tcai with amsoil filter.

Did you solder the extensions for the maf wires? If they're crimped that's an issue. Need to solder for that signal.

Is the filter sitting to far back on the fintake causing a restriction?

butters607

Reaction score
Ahh you got a wiring issue check the extensions wires for your cai are they soldered I would replace all the extensions.

denzel05

Reaction score
Did you solder the extensions for the maf wires? If they're crimped that's an issue. Need to solder for that signal.

Is the filter sitting to far back on the fintake causing a restriction?

All wires are soldered been working perfect for last 6 years lol, checked all connections and wires, they're good, air filter is set correct. So I don't know?? Code keeps showing up and check engine light is still on , and exhaust smells bad do to the maf sensor being faulty.

WallasX

Reaction score
Sound like a leak possibly. Clean the maf sensor and the connector

denzel05

Reaction score
tried everything I know to do. Got a neighbor who is a mechanic, he is gonna come over later and take a look. It just sucks payed the truck off 2 weeks ago, and have had nothing but probs. Haven even hit 50 thous. miles yet..

Top Bottom