Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

May be supercharged soon...

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Im not totally sure yet but maybe in the next month i may be joining the F/I group and im curious as to the options everyone has. If everything goes right im gonna get the TRD s/c so it can be under warranty and keep my truck warranty. This is the info i got off ebay for the parts that come with the kits they sell. Im gonna get the kit from the stealership so im guessing their kits will be the same. My ?s are 1)are there upgraded parts available to the stock s/c kit parts and 2)where do yall get them from? Im sure the x-1 is a good thing to get but i think i read they are still on back order or something. The kit and install is gonna be a nice chunk of change so what other decent mods can i get with it (that doesnt come with the kit) that will make a difference? Any info will help.....i wanna do it right for spending this much money.

FROM EBAY SITE---
The TRD intercooled supercharger system kit for the Toyota Tacoma 4.0L V6 engine features an air-to-liquid intercooler that increases torque and horsepower from idle to redline, delivering immediate throttle response, along with substantial increases in acceleration. The system uses a strong, compact one-piece plenum/manifold that integrates Eaton Roots-type rotating components, Gen 5 rotor pack and the heat exchanger core for the intercooler.
  • Features air-to-liquid intercooler with a low-temperature radiator, coolant reservoir and circulation pump, delivering improved engine response and power output.
  • Intercooler provides higher performance and better fuel economy, as well as improved passing power than non-intercooled superchargers, restoring sea level performance when at altitude.
  • Produces 304 hp @ 5,400 rpm and 334 lb.-ft. torque @ 3,600 rpm (from 239 hp @ 5200 rpm; 278 lb.-ft. @ 3700 rpm.
  • Uses Eaton Roots-type rotating components in a compact one-piece, supercharger plenum/manifold casting that integrates the heat exchanger core for the intercooler.
  • Integral by-pass valve prevents supercharger from going into “boost” when driving at a steady state of speed such as on the highway or light traffic. Takes less than ½ hp to operate when by-pass valve is open, helping reduce parasitic drag from the crankshaft.
  • Kit includes new 455cc fuel injectors for the increased power output, iridium spark plugs for better detonation resistance—ensuring proper fuel delivery when using supercharger system at full capacity.
  • Integrates factory calibration of ECU for optimal fuel mileage when combined with torque/horsepower increase.
  • All OE hose connections accommodated and OE throttle body bolts to original location.
  • Complete kit includes all necessary hardware for “factory installed” appearance. No cutting, welding or fabrication required for installation.
  • Supercharger has self-contained lubrication, so there’s no maintenance required on supercharger—or supercharger system components.
  • Emissions legal in all 50 states.

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Thats cool you might be boosted. good luck:top: On a side note the apr x1 won't work on your truck because the 2009 has different clips for the ECU. You might use the Map2ECU for tuning and maybe just run the cam gears and thermostat from apr. just an idea

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
which recall? i bought the x in may this year and havent had any recall stuff done and i dunno if the previous owner did. i bought it from a dealership but not sure if they did anything. i dunno about the pedal cutting recall. i havent seen a "before and after" of the pedal to know if mine had it done. it came with the black tacoma floor mats for back and front...i think i read somewhere that they were part of a recall. does anyone know if an x1 will be made to fit the 09+? if not then i guess i will just get the s/c for now and slowly upgrade it. are there other features from trd to add to the s/c? what does the reflash do for the s/c?

Murderface

Reaction score
Any mods done to the blower like a smaller pulley or mapecu2 will void any warranty u have

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Any mods done to the blower like a smaller pulley or mapecu2 will void any warranty u have

even if toyota puts it on or will they even install something they dont sell? that sucks man thats no fun lol. oh well as long as i keep my warranty ill be fine with it. ill still be boosted.....hopefully. if yall had the chance to be boosted without upgrading everything else just to keep your warranty would you.......or not mess with it at all?

Coupe

Reaction score
From what I have heard, the reflash Toyota does for the accelerator is not compatible with the factory reflash for the TRD blower. So if the recall has been done for the accelator reflash, the ECU reflash for the TRD blower won't work.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
From what I have heard, the reflash Toyota does for the accelerator is not compatible with the factory reflash for the TRD blower. So if the recall has been done for the accelator reflash, the ECU reflash for the TRD blower won't work.
is there a specific way i can find out if i have the recall reflash? i know when i turn off the LSD switch i can burn out but i dunno if that has anything to do with the recall. do you have to get the flash for the blower....is it required for the install? and if i have the acc. reflash is it even worth getting the blower?

well...that came quick eh?
what u talkin bout willis? lol well shit....you and redhott are s/c and i tried not to drool over yall motors so if everything goes right i wanna drool over mine lmao

Last edited:

Coupe

Reaction score
Did you but the truck new?

If not, you might be able to contact a dealer. I would guess they record the recalls by the vin number.

I have heard of cases on TW, that some people have had dealer installed S/C and then tried to do the reflash, then had to pull the blower off. This was on a truck that had the accelerator reflash.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
no it had 24k miles on it when i got it. ill call the dealer and see if they can pull up a record of the recall info on my x and ask them if it is even possible to get a blower with that reflash and ill post up what im told. is there any other info that should be known about hopefully buying a s/c for the first time or what i can do to it? pros cons experiences anything will help. thats alot of money for it i just wanna make sure its worth the investment

Murderface

Reaction score
even if toyota puts it on or will they even install something they dont sell? that sucks man thats no fun lol. oh well as long as i keep my warranty ill be fine with it. ill still be boosted.....hopefully. if yall had the chance to be boosted without upgrading everything else just to keep your warranty would you.......or not mess with it at all?

I said phuck the warranty and did everything I could do to my TRD blower(smaller pulley,X-1,7th injector,670cc primaries,NST S/C overdrive pulleys,intake, long tube headers,lite fly wheel,stage III clutch)

Coupe

Reaction score
I believe Stoner-X has a TRD SC with a factory reflash and no other mods. You may want to chat with him.

I have the APR X-1, NST blower pulleys, DTLT, URD Y pipe, URD 3" cat back. So it won't be apples to apples.

My guess is even at stock, the TRD blower will still put a smile on your face.

suz1k3

Reaction score
How i tell if the pedal reflash is already done:On a closed road,get up to about 30mph in 3rd gear.Then floor it and quickly apply the brake while the accell. is still floored.If the engine shuts down and the truck stops, the brake over ride flash has been done.If the engine just boggs and the truck wants to keep going,the flash has not been done.Safer way is to get the dealer to check the Cal id # with the techstream.Hope this helps and good luck!

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
cool imma have to try that just to see what happens but im still gonna ask the dealership to check it out too. when you buy the s/c and fit kit does it include the trd cai or you gotta get it seperately? what does the 7th injector do? everytime someone with a ricer or dropped chevy or ford comes up to me they think i have a "sleeper" lol. i cant wait til i can prove them right. i think if i do get the s/c imma put some miles on it so if something were to go out the warranty can cover it then i might start upgrading it. maybe stoner-x will chime in with his thoughts.

Coupe

Reaction score
The TRD CAI is extra. If you want the old style, you may need to shop around or buy an AFE vesrion from URD.

The 7th injector shoots a little exta fuel at critical times. Usually this is controlled with an APR X1. I have heard that Gadget has controlled it with a Map E2Cu.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
The TRD CAI is extra. If you want the old style, you may need to shop around or buy an AFE vesrion from URD.

The 7th injector shoots a little exta fuel at critical times. Usually this is controlled with an APR X1. I have heard that Gadget has controlled it with a Map E2Cu.
i may order the real deal if i can and just get them to put it in. what is the difference between the apr x1 and the mape2cu? i hope i can pull this off cuz im getting excited with all this s/c talk lol. my wife said if i get a s/c then she wants a new kitchen table set.....i said SURE baby whatever you want lol!!!! :top:

SooRunner

Reaction score
cool imma have to try that just to see what happens but im still gonna ask the dealership to check it out too. when you buy the s/c and fit kit does it include the trd cai or you gotta get it seperately? what does the 7th injector do? everytime someone with a ricer or dropped chevy or ford comes up to me they think i have a "sleeper" lol. i cant wait til i can prove them right. i think if i do get the s/c imma put some miles on it so if something were to go out the warranty can cover it then i might start upgrading it. maybe stoner-x will chime in with his thoughts.

Adding a TRD CAI will void your warranty also...unless you get the "newer" Gen 2 TRD intake. 7th injector sprays extra fuel along with the stock injectors. You probably won't need this unless your going to boost higher than what is recommended. I think the TRD kit comes with a bigger injector (425?) The 7th injector is probably controlled by a "split second" controller and will void your warranty if proven by your stealership.

Anything modded to your truck pretty much void your warranty..so do what ChristDenied said, "F the Warranty" and boost on! :laugh:

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Ok so if I get the s/c and the trd cai do I HAVE to get the reflash or can I pass on it? Will they void the warranty if I pass? I think I read somewhere that ketchup said if u get the reflash that u can't sell the truck without the blower....is that true?

darthyota

Reaction score
you need the trd reflash for the truck to run properly once its supercharged and thats correct that you need to sell the truck with the s/c although you might be able to get it to run with a maf cal once you pull the s/c if you sell the truck

Top Bottom