Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Meguiars Rubbing Compound

music_man185

Reaction score
Meguiars Rubbing Compound

anybody used this stuff? it says its a cleaner and scratch remover. so could this one product take the place of a cleaner and scratch remover? i use swirl x to remove deep water spots. could this work as well while also working as a cleaner?

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Its not a good idea to use a compound regularly (swirlx).

What you want is a non abrasive (chemical) paint cleaner.

You use abrasives to remove scratches and tough etchings in specific areas only as needed.

music_man185

Reaction score
is a paint cleaner strong enough to remove light scratches and deep water spots?

i dont use swirl x regularly. the last time i used it was around a year ago.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
is a paint cleaner strong enough to remove light scratches and deep water spots?

i dont use swirl x regularly. the last time i used it was around a year ago.

Yes most water spots and mild scratches come off very easily with a DA machine and some good paint cleaner.

If its a deep scratch then use a compound on just that area.

music_man185

Reaction score
no DA for me. :thumpdown:
everything is done by hand. i assume it will still be as effective....just more time and energy consuming?

edit: also, since the meguiars rubbing compound is considered a cleaner and scratch remover, is it too abrasive?

Last edited:

rich017

Reaction score
no DA for me. :thumpdown:
everything is done by hand. i assume it will still be as effective....just more time and energy consuming?

edit: also, since the meguiars rubbing compound is considered a cleaner and scratch remover, is it too abrasive?

I used to think that also, until I bought a Porter Cable DA polisher.

I was able to do details so good that I actually detail cars on the side every now and then. It really does more than waxing by hand and I was able to get swirls out of the paint and remove water spots as well as stains in the paint.

music_man185

Reaction score
I used to think that also, until I bought a Porter Cable DA polisher.

I was able to do details so good that I actually detail cars on the side every now and then. It really does more than waxing by hand and I was able to get swirls out of the paint and remove water spots as well as stains in the paint.

dont get me wrong, i'm not against having a DA. i just dont have one. can't afford one right now. lol.

Top Bottom