Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Melted?

Eraser

Reaction score
I thought using "dead soft" aluminum as a collector gasket on my short tubes would seal any more leaks. after tightening and tightening I decided to just replace them. (see below for used aluminum gaskets) I replaced these in the photo with copper crush gaskets and have had no leaks for 2 weeks now, compared to the days I got out of the dead soft aluminum gaskets.

40697_420478469035_641124035_4563903_415904_n.jpg

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Did you use the stock cats and flange welded to your short tubes? Did you also have issues with the stock type crush gaskets?

Eraser

Reaction score
I have hiflow cats down the pipes about a foot 1-2 feet away from the collectors. doug thorley short tubes with 3bolt flanges, didn't ever try stock gaskets.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I have hiflow cats down the pipes about a foot 1-2 feet away from the collectors. doug thorley short tubes with 3bolt flanges, didn't ever try stock gaskets.

Stock gaskets wouldn't have worked. Completely different flange.
If you didn't use the factory front cats, why not just go with the long tubes? You would still have cats in the Y-pipe.

Eraser

Reaction score
when i first bought the shorties I had planned to keep original cats on, I changed my mind shortly thereafter. there's always time to change it in the future. I will look into it after i find some more cash laying around.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
when i first bought the shorties I had planned to keep original cats on, I changed my mind shortly thereafter. there's always time to change it in the future. I will look into it after i find some more cash laying around.

Makes sense.
I had originally bought shorties, but never installed them and ended up selling them for the long tubes.

Top Bottom