Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Methanol injection?

TNguyen

Reaction score
So does anyone have one. If so, can you post pics of installed? I have a used kit that I bought for my other car and planning to install that into my X Runner instead. However I would like some feedback from others on location of Methanol and etc...

Tunedx

Reaction score
I believe Spyder is running the methonal injection. U can chime him. He claims 40hp gain.

disciple X

Reaction score
i've asked about it several times... the verdict i HEAR (note, not my own opinion) is that it's more risk than it's worth... i dont personally know, and to be honest, i'm still interested in it myself.

TNguyen

Reaction score
i've asked about it several times... the verdict i HEAR (note, not my own opinion) is that it's more risk than it's worth... i dont personally know, and to be honest, i'm still interested in it myself.

Its no more risk than having a supercharger!...Really I have it on a car that I had in the past, thats why I am planning to have it on again all my Supercharged vehicles.

In my experiences and opinion the benefits outweight the risk. If you really want to be safe which I am sure you are, there are many safety factors built into some system. Here are 2 main factors that I think will offset the risks.

1. Cooler air intake
2. Increases Octane beyond pump gas

disciple X

Reaction score
with tuning, it's not pointless

more timing advance = more power.... same concept with the cam gears from apr!!!

Last edited:

TNguyen

Reaction score
without tuning it is pointless

Just curious of why do you think it is pointless? Having more octane is pointless? Granted that with tuning it would be ideal, but my point is more of protection instead of power. Besides, methanol don't make power it only allow you to boost more. Better yet, next time you are on the dyno tell them to turn the fan off. Because having the fan there is pointless.

Protection from what? Well there are so many factors that could go wrong in FI...Boost creep (not much of a factor in supercharger), bad gas, temperature variations, etc...

I know Methanol injection might be new to the X-Runner crowds but its the norm in the Domestic. Here is just one of the MANY links about Methanol. I was hoping someone have one installed so I can see what I can be expecting.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-forced-induction-nitrous/2264410-meth-injection-on-a-maggie.html

Last edited:

Tunedx

Reaction score
Get the apr 7th injector its almost the same thing as methonal injection. U can inject noz, ethonal, methonal or gas to cool intake temps.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe that Rexrunner has a methanol setup on his truck. PM him and see if he'll respond to this thread.

trd_sport

Reaction score
Just curious of why do you think it is pointless? Having more octane is pointless? Granted that with tuning it would be ideal, but my point is more of protection instead of power. Besides, methanol don't make power it only allow you to boost more. Better yet, next time you are on the dyno tell them to turn the fan off. Because having the fan there is pointless.

Protection from what? Well there are so many factors that could go wrong in FI...Boost creep (not much of a factor in supercharger), bad gas, temperature variations, etc...

I know Methanol injection might be new to the X-Runner crowds but its the norm in the Domestic. Here is just one of the MANY links about Methanol. I was hoping someone have one installed so I can see what I can be expecting.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-forced-induction-nitrous/2264410-meth-injection-on-a-maggie.html
urd sells aquamist kits.
in order to advance timing youd have to tune so thats what hes talking about by it being pointless if youre not tuning for it.

Tunedx

Reaction score
U can also contact Deathshadow at HVM. He sells Snow Performance methonal injections kits stage 1 and stage 2. They run about $400.00. People also use methonal as a safety factor for your engine as it prevents denotation but with aggressive tune I think u can gain 15%-20% more hp.

Spyder327

Reaction score
I'm running a methanol kit. Do you have specific questions as to how it's set up on the truck or what?

DrEaM MaKeR

Reaction score

I said without tunning its pointless and I am familiar with it, I have a wrx and I know plenty of people that run it. But its just like putting 93oct in a vehicle that is tuned for 87oct it's not giving your more power because ur octane is higher.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
I believe that SUPERWERTY AND SPYDER327 from AZ are running these. Pretty sure SUPERWERTY has the AFR.

disciple X

Reaction score
puttin on a supercharger is pointless unless you tune for it too.... not a very strong argument... we know you have to tune for it. the question being asked is about the performance gain... and yeah, when tuned...

Liquid-X

Banned
Reaction score
A safer alternative to this would be to add the 670cc e85 injectors, upgrade your fuel pump, and the add the APR 7th (which also has a 670cc e85 injector)

This setup would allow you to run e85 all the time, and your cooling effect (which is what you really need) would be all the time. You would not run the risk of your Meth pump breaking or running out of fluid and causing horrible damage.

Also, you would have full time 110+ octane fuel, and e85 is a better cooling agent than meth itself.

Not to mention, your gas gauge would indicate how much fluid you have, being that it takes it from the same place your injectors do. No risk of pump damage or running out of fluid. Win-Win

TNguyen

Reaction score
A safer alternative to this would be to add the 670cc e85 injectors, upgrade your fuel pump, and the add the APR 7th (which also has a 670cc e85 injector)

This setup would allow you to run e85 all the time, and your cooling effect (which is what you really need) would be all the time. You would not run the risk of your Meth pump breaking or running out of fluid and causing horrible damage.

Also, you would have full time 110+ octane fuel, and e85 is a better cooling agent than meth itself.

Not to mention, your gas gauge would indicate how much fluid you have, being that it takes it from the same place your injectors do. No risk of pump damage or running out of fluid. Win-Win

I don't know how E85 are around your hometown, but around here its not that readily available.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score

Meth/Water injection works great but...

There is a ton of stuff that can go wrong with meth/water injection as well that can cost you an engine.

It is a bandaid.

Meth/Water injection DOES make power because it cools the charge down; it indirectly makes power by allowing you to run more boost or more spark lead.

Methanol is a ton more corrosive then E85.

E85 is a superior alternative because the system delivering it is damn near fool proof..

The meth/water injection fitment is universal and generally the same no matter what vehicle its going on (with the main variables of nozzle location, pump placement, and electronic control).

Pull timing and run nitrous lol.

Last edited:

TNguyen

Reaction score
So can anyone who is running methanol tell me or show me where they put the nozzle? I already have mounted the bottle and pump from my Snow Performance Methanol injection. Just need to know where to drill the hole for the injectors.

Top Bottom