Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

modded my battery

lenie03

Reaction score
so i got a new battery but decided I wanted to make it match all the other goodies under my hood, so I took the extra engine cover I had laying around and cut out panels and made a sleeve to go around my battery. It's not as good as a real HVM c/f piece but it dont look that bad if you ask me. I still need to go get shorter blots to anchor the battery down with but other then that I likes it.

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

Super Werty

Reaction score
thats pretty sweet

does it come off like a box, or is it glued to the actual battery

lenie03

Reaction score
not sure yet, I glued it up while on the battery so hopefully it'll slide off, if not I'll just bust the glue to get it off when the time comes for that.

07SWB

Reaction score
looks good, im glad to see that you made use of that thing!

DrEaM MaKeR

Reaction score
wow 70 views and only 3 replies :dontknow:

It looks great Lenie your always doing something new :top: Not too many people go out their way and actually build something:rockon:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
that looks BA lenie...nice job once again...:top:

that's what I call ingenuity...using an idea an making it your own...TITS for the CF Battery Box...:adore:

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
lol thats neat, but that batt is so tiny, looks like youre putting a AAA in something that needs a D cell

side note-
Howd your roll pan come out? Did I miss the finished thread on that?

lenie03

Reaction score
thanks for the comments all, and no the pan isnt finished yet, but soon like I'll be truckless here in a few days soon.

blastap

Reaction score
Yep I like it. If I had not just bought a redtop I would get one of those braile batts from nst. I like the way the small batteries look

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
15 lbs and 702 cranking amps. I'm all over it. Nice setup Lenie. I'll be installing mine this weekend.

Gabecules

Reaction score
Clever idea, at least it gets rid of the clutter of extra parts you have kicking around eh? lol keep up the good work :D

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Looks great Lenie! :top:
I know it's a better battery, but it just looks so out of proportion mounted in there!

R1 Chris

Reaction score
that looks sick. where did you get all that carbon fiber parts.

lenie03

Reaction score
HVM made them well minus the cover for the battery, that i used an old part that HVM made and modded it to my needs

Top Bottom