Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Modified valve bodies

Tacoma ss

Reaction score
It seems like all anyone ever talks about for modified valve bodies is level 10 and IPT. I live in Denver Colorado and I'm wondering if anybody knows about any other companies that are a little bit closer to me so I don't have to go 10+ days without my truck waiting for them to finish up my valve body. Like some sort of shop that can do it same day.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I forgot about that as well Red. Thanks :top:

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
I wasn't to satisfied with IPT customer service. Had that New York attitude... Instead of being helpful or courteous.

Doublld

Reaction score
i wouldn't recommend ipt at all..... level 10 is a better bet.

Gadget

Reaction score
I would recommend IPT over Level 10.

Doublled, didn't you determine that your transmission issues were a result of the EMS you were using?

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
That is what I had thought as well. Probably just the frustrations between the two because of those issues left both parties unhappy with each other.

Toon714

Reaction score
Ipt did me good on my valve body.
3 day turn around and back in my hands.

Doublld

Reaction score
my ems was the problem but horrible customer service. even when i tried to work things out just was a dick.

Redlantern

Reaction score
Yea it seems like it. May have to confirm it with Inlazy. If I found out about it before I did a core swap I would have gone this route since it would have been cheaper. Plus u kind of have a guide now that Inlazy has done the work and has a diagram as to where to drill in the thread I referred to. Just be sure you put enough fluid when you refill the transmission.

Tacoma ss

Reaction score
Also, it states that they "carefully select your spring weights and orifice sizes" to make the perfect valve body for how each person drives. How would I be able to do something like that with the premade kit? Or do they make different kits suited for your driving type?

iniazy

Reaction score
I have not seen any other company offer a DIY option for valve body upgrades. In fact, Level 10 only makes the DIY for the A750E/F 5 speed auto, does not make it for any other tranamission, I don't know why.

The kit is optimized for high performance upgrades with smooth drivability, like a TRD or URD supercharger. What they meant is if you want it tuned for drag racing, for example, they can make it shift faster, at the expense of comfort.

There is also an Australian company that makes the upgrade, but they are ridiculously expensive compared to the US companies.

http://automatictransmission.com.au/

I would recommend IPT over Level 10.

Doublled, didn't you determine that your transmission issues were a result of the EMS you were using?

G

Gadget, I only learned about Level 10 from your personal website (Gadget online), and at the time you had good things to say about them. I wonder why you now prefer IPT over Level 10.

Gadget

Reaction score
Pat at Level 10 has always treated me well. That was not the case with my former partner Brian. There was some collusion with another company that resulted in Brian being really screwed over. Next time we speak on the phone I can tell you the story. I am sure you can find plenty of juicy internet stuff if you look for it.

G

Top Bottom