Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

More X-1 Help

ProRacerNorm

Reaction score
Hey I have another question about the X-1 guys.....were does the 22mm socket go to turn the crankshaft, because I can't find a anything that a 22mm can go to...any help would be great....I gave up for the night but will be back at it tomorrow. I got the injectors, spark plugs, moved my trans cooler, and mounted the oil cooler for the supercharger instead since I couldn't figure out the cam gears.

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
Is your truck a manual? The right way to do it is to get a pulley removal tool that you can use as leverage to break loose that crank bolt. You'll need a good cheater bar too.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Is your truck a manual? The right way to do it is to get a pulley removal tool that you can use as leverage to break loose that crank bolt. You'll need a good cheater bar too.

I am assuming he is needing to turn the crank to line up the timing marks on the cams. Not remove the crank pulley.
The socket goes on the crank bolt holding the crank pulley on. its easiest to remove the plugs so you're not working against the compression.

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
^ Oh I misread his post. Thanks for clarifying it. yeah, do what blackx-runner suggested. good luck with the cam gears!

ProRacerNorm

Reaction score
thanks guy hopefully I get it done tomorrow....less rain would be nice too...I let everybody know how it goes

KETCHUP

Reaction score
I am assuming he is needing to turn the crank to line up the timing marks on the cams. Not remove the crank pulley.
The socket goes on the crank bolt holding the crank pulley on. its easiest to remove the plugs so you're not working against the compression.

that's dead on. Get those plugs out. Its much easier. The last time we installed the cam gears on my new motor, we did the "mark the chain" with a black marker. this way, we didn't have to mess with linin everything back up.

5000XD

Reaction score
pulleys.jpg

Put a 22 socket on the bolt of the pulley where the red line goes, that's the crank pulley and turn to rotate the gears. Like the others said, remove those plugs to make rotating easier.

Be sure before you remove the original cam gears that everything is in line! This is crucial or else you will lose the timing on your engine!

The picture below is the left APR cam gear installed (be sure you have the dowl pin in there!):

apr%20gearleft2.jpg

The next picture should give you a partial idea on how to align up the gears (follow the instructions, there are also numerous threads on how to do that correctly):

cam%20l.JPG

Good luck and most importantly take your time and if you are not sure stop the work and ask :top:

ProRacerNorm

Reaction score
I cant get the marks to line up and i been at it for 4 hours.....anybody know if maybe the unichip i have changed the timing up or anything

KETCHUP

Reaction score
The marks won't match up exactally. Get them as close as possible. IF you want assuance, call Gadget. URD TECH support. You can also go to the APR website for full instructions. Maybe something your not doing right.

APR website- http://www.aprpower.com/

The link to the instructions- http://www.aprpower.com/instructions%20ll.html

hope this helps bro. I know G-man gets a ton of calls, but I always call him when I am not to sure or comfortable with something. Just me.....

ProRacerNorm

Reaction score
ok guys got the cam gears in x-1 in started and no problem.....went to slowly rev it up and it is bogging out at about 3000rpms anybody know why it might be doing this

Murderface

Reaction score
ok guys got the cam gears in x-1 in started and no problem.....went to slowly rev it up and it is bogging out at about 3000rpms anybody know why it might be doing this

Do u have the thumb drive with the preloaded launch control plugged into the X-1? If u do this is the launch control at work.

Hopefully u got a hold of Gadget and he set u straight

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
that's dead on. Get those plugs out. Its much easier. The last time we installed the cam gears on my new motor, we did the "mark the chain" with a black marker. this way, we didn't have to mess with linin everything back up.
White touch up paint is great for this also.

Bang Bang

Reaction score
How do you load a tune to the thumb drive? cant figure this out for the life of me.

Gadget

Reaction score
Have you downloaded and read through the X-Tune manual form the APR website? It is all laid out in there.

The short version is you copy the new calibration onto the USB drive and then prefix it with X1.

It has to be the same basic calibration for it to load.

What you can't do is have a .03A calibration in your X-1 and try to load a .05 calibration from the USB.

G

Top Bottom