Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

multiple system failure

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
what first was a cruise control failure has blossomed into a nightmare for which even the tech reps can't figure out.as stated before thought engine light was associated with the cruise control (throwing code for c/c failure).have burned up 2 instrument clusters.tech reps are lost as to a fix for it.now this problem is compounded by the engine check light but no code.three seperate ecu's in truck.toyota has gone so far to bring in a stock tacoma to take wiring readings from to compare to my truck in hopes of isolating the problem.

worse off is now no wheels as toyota only goes 3 days on free rental car.
checked on truck yesterday,and almost came to tears when I saw my entire dash from drivres door to passenger door removed ,center console removed wiring hanging out.looked like bomb balst behind the dash.man this is not a nice thing to see.has me totally bummed out!!:thumpdown: :bawling:

trd_sport

Reaction score
lemon law time if thats your third attempt at a fix and it isn't doing anything, man that would burn me up, hope you get it straightened out, take some pics of everything ripped out for future negotiations

BSPX

Reaction score
do you have the stock radio in the truck? The only time I have seen an SES on and not been able to read it is when the radio is aftermarket or there is a fuse blown that is directly connected to the data port. Do you still have the original tranny in the truck? Ever been worked on? If you are burning up instrument clusters and not blowing fuses then you definantly have a wire that is shorting out. Wish I could be there to help you out man, I know i could figure it out for you. Hey at least its under warranty. Also they only have a limited time to get your truck fixed and back to you, or it falls under a lemon law, may want to look into that for your state. Best of luck.

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
this is still going on from initial turn in for the fix.fortunate for me I have the best mech in the dealership on it ,but when the books don't do it,you get the reps involved,but have to start worry when they come up clueless.ricky will figure it out I have faith in him but its just frustrating,waiting to hear something encouraging.tuesday the 29th will make a week in to it!

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
counter failure

posted three times in this thread and all say 788.whats up with that?:dontknow:

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
thanks bspx,have a new pioneer head unit and system installed,even thought it might be the steering wheel interface for volume control,but that doesn't have anthing to do with this.stock tranny no speed sensor probs either.definately a short.only bout 4 miles of wires to read out! no prob!

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
need help asap!

if anyone has their truck nearby could you check the fuse block behind the tray and look for a 7.5amp fuse and tell me if it is for the ecu?need to know fast! thanks!! john:top:

XRobber

Reaction score
John,
There are 2 7.5A fuses in the fuse block behind the coin tray.
1 is for "Gauge"
the other is for "ACC"

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
think may have solved this engine light prob,possibly.when i did that mod with the led 's in the overhead compartment accidenly cut through power wire shorting out several fuses. cahnge out fuses but still didn't have all them changed out.took it to dealer ricky changed a 7.5 amp out with a 10amp fuse.like i said everything was working while in ormond but got engine light and had no cruise control. checked with fred ,he tells me he thinks one of the 3 ecu's is shorted out.cause with them disconnected the guage cluster does not blow.sais something about jumping out one of the ecu's to be able to drive,but if this is the case it was my fault the ecu burned up due to the fuse blow incident.bullshizit.I asy its due to 10 amp fuse being in 7.5 amp fuse pocket!:motz:

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
rob any 7.5's in the main fuse panel under the hood if so for what?:dontknow:

XRobber

Reaction score
think may have solved this engine light prob,possibly.when i did that mod with the led 's in the overhead compartment accidenly cut through power wire shorting out several fuses. cahnge out fuses but still didn't have all them changed out.took it to dealer ricky changed a 7.5 amp out with a 10amp fuse.like i said everything was working while in ormond but got engine light and had no cruise control. checked with fred ,he tells me he thinks one of the 3 ecu's is shorted out.cause with them disconnected the guage cluster does not blow.sais something about jumping out one of the ecu's to be able to drive,but if this is the case it was my fault the ecu burned up due to the fuse blow incident.bullshizit.I asy its due to 10 amp fuse being in 7.5 amp fuse pocket!:motz:
Aww man...
Im hoping for ya bro.... thats gonna suck if they try to blame this on you.

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
check the mainfuse panel rob for 7.5's.yeah the ecu's are bout 1300 from what i heard.

rexrunner

Reaction score
god luck bro, dont give in and admit that you were wrong if you werent :top:

XRobber

Reaction score
under the hood in the main fuse panel you have this for 7.5a:
ALT-S
ECU-B
DOME
STA
OBD

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
i remeber it cear as a bell ricky asked for a 7.5 i knew i ad one more but couldn't find it so he said give me a ten.came home emptied pockets and there was the good 7.5.i ain't going down without a fight!:motz:

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
just got off phone with fred told him bout the five 7.5's under the hood.he now is saying that rickies saying that this is something that may have developed over time now.my thinking after 20yrs as a aircraft electrician what happens to coils in relays when they burn out? DEAD SHORTS!!:motz:TOLD FRED evrything was working when I left the dealership.relay failure is just that.:motz:

Top Bottom