Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

multiple system failure

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
ECU B ??

ANYONE HAVE A IDEA WHAT ECU B CONTROLS??:dontknow:

XRobber

Reaction score
Believe it or not, I think ECU B Controls your guage cluster, and cruise, etc.

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
THINK YOUR PROBABLY RIGHT OH WISE ONE!HERE'S THE DEAL NOW.THEY ARE TRYING TO SAY ME BLOWING ALL THOSE FUSES CAUSED THIS TO HAPPEN IS BULLSHIZIT! THE FAILURE OCCURED 400 MILES AFTER THE FACT.ALL WAS FINE DOWN TO ORMOND BCH.ONLY ON WAY HOME DID THE ENGINE LIGHT GO ON.IF THIS WAS THE CASE WHY DIDN'T ALL 3 ECU'S BURNUP? IF THE RELAY OR SOMETHING INTERNAL OF THE ECU FAILS THEN THIS HAPPENS.SOUNDS LIKE THEY PREMISED THIS PROBLEM WITH THE FUSES BLOWING FROM THE START.WHEN IT WAS PURE BAD TIMING AFTER THE FACT.:motz: THIS HAS ME PISSED!

rexrunner

Reaction score
hey, I thought fuses were supposed to protect this from happening, the larger fuse shouldnt matter as long as it wasnt a larger current than what the wire can carry. Fight it man, and try to talk to the corporate. :top:

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
hey, I thought fuses were supposed to protect this from happening, the larger fuse shouldnt matter as long as it wasnt a larger current than what the wire can carry. Fight it man, and try to talk to the corporate. :top:
There is a reason for certain amp fuses, circuits are designed to carry so much amperage and not more than what is specified for each circuit, by going to a higher amp fuse you are somewhat overloading the circuit (exp: wire size and what device it controls) so if you have a short to ground it takes longer and of course more amps for the fuse to blow which in the end result can burn out ECMs and circuits with diodes and also worst case melt the wiring together causing the truck or car to catch on fire, not good I have seen several cases of this at the dealership where people would overload a circuit and create a lot of problems, not saying this is the case here but you do have to be very careful on what and how it is done.

BSPX

Reaction score
i need to know if you hooked up the orange wires on you aftermarket radio?! If you hooked up the wrong polarity you could potentially damage the illumination on the gauge cluster, def check that out.

i_ski

Reaction score
The other thing with fuses is that they aren't "perfect" a ten amp fuse will not blow as soon as it sees a 10 amp load it just means that it will carry a 10 amp load indefinately the circuit can still carry 11 amps for a certain period of time before it slowly "burns" out so if a circuit is built for 7.5 and it sees 11amps the fuse will blow near instantly.
there is tonnes of information on this subject and I don't really know your situatuation but I hope this is helpfull information.

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
Bspx Need Your Input On This!!

i need to know if you hooked up the orange wires on you aftermarket radio?! If you hooked up the wrong polarity you could potentially damage the illumination on the gauge cluster, def check that out.

TUESDAY 3:37PM
JUST GOT OFF PHONE WITH YOTA,MY MECH THINKS HE'S FOUND PROBLEM,ITS DOWN TO THE REAR ACCESSORY WIRING HARNESS GOING UP INTO THE CENTER OF THE DASH.THIS HARNESS HOOKS TO THE REAR INVERTER LOCATED UNDER CONSOLE.THE INVERTER IS COOL.MY OTHER INVERTER UNDER MY DRIVERS SEAT IS COOL ,BUT, THIS HARNESS IS ALSO USED FOR THE STEREO WIRING.RICKY IS GETTING VOLTAGE SPIKES ON CERTAIN WIRING .

NEED TO KNOW BOUT THE WIRING COLORS FOR THE STEERING WHEEL INTERFACE,AS FAR AS i KNOW THE STEREO ITSELF IS ALL HARNESS ADAPTERS.BUT THE INTERFACE DOES SPLICE INTO THE WIRING FROM THE WHEEL TO THE STEREO. WHAT WIRES ARE USED?? WHAT COLORS.??

IF THIS IS WHAT HAS FVCKED UP MY TRUCK "ROLLIN SOUND" IS GOING TO BE EATING A $3,000.00 REPAIR BILL!

Top Bottom