Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

multiptle engin internal pics

willieshotg3

Reaction score
pics of a 1grfe aka a 4.0 lt in the x runner.

first we got a six bolt main

we got a pick of where the oil pan should be

than last we have a pic of the one of the oil squirters that squirt oil on the bottom of the piston to keep it cool and lube the wrist pin.

i have a 1grfe tore down at school if anyone wants more pics or measurements let me know

Attachments

• 6 bolt main small.jpg
    6 bolt main small.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 237
  • 6 bolt main 2 small.jpg
    6 bolt main 2 small.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 238
  • bottom of 1grfe small.jpg
    bottom of 1grfe small.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 286
  • oil squirter for piston small.jpg
    oil squirter for piston small.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 320

TacoInvader

Reaction score
My guess, Maybe it is one that was donated to the school to work on??

ddongbap

Reaction score
Please tell me you're going to stregnthen, and then get 1000hp out of it, then tell me you're going to sell the internals kit for 2 bucks, to me, and tell me you're going to buy me a x-r.

willieshotg3

Reaction score
it was donated to the school. I was going to build it ans swap it into my truck but if the school gets audited the block and heads are stamped and the same stamps have to be there

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
specs would be really helpfull for those who are lookin into aftermarket parts but dont want to tear down a perfectly good engine.

willieshotg3

Reaction score
ya wanta know the real sad thing. we have 3 1grfe's and 1 4.7lt and 1 5.7 lt at school we can tear them down but at the end it will be a display,cutaway,or destroyed

XrunnIT

Reaction score
this would be a great time to get some numbers to get some internals built.

Harmonius

Reaction score
I can get arias pistons and crower rods for anyone who is interested. or just the specs. pm me with any questions.

rexrunner

Reaction score
I wanna know rod specs, length, inner diameter for crank, and so on. Also I would like to see a shot of the cams and the specs of the pistons :biggrin: thx a bunch bro

Firstgen

Reaction score
I am a dealer for Diamond Pistons and can have custom pistons made if need be.
-Taylor

bangbang

Reaction score
ok i know this is a old thread but i dont know much about internals but i can only see 4 bolts where is he getting the other two from to make up the six bolt main. any help thanks

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Four across the top of the main caps, the one more on either side. Those two bolts, are perpendicular to the 4, and are on the outside of the block.

What all are you looking to find out?

bangbang

Reaction score
thanks i saw those but didnt know if those were the extra two he was talking bout. ive been trying to figure out if i had a 2bolt main or a 4 bolt but six is even better. i was looking because i want to know as much as i can about engines and ive been looking into everything i could do to it, like s/c, t/c, swap pretty much everything alot of research and reading and learning. I was thinking about buying another 1gr-fe and take my time building it from the bottom up. so i was seeing if its a 4 bolt and if it wasnt i was thinking bout either finding one that is or making it one but dont need to know. onto the crankshaft i go haha. thanks again

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome. Buy a good used spare one to build is the best bet.

bangbang

Reaction score
yea i was thinking about that i just have to wait till i get back from afghan to do that so i can check it out make sure its not cracked or anything so couple more months and might see a build thread. do you possiblly know who makes crankshafts for us.

Top Bottom