Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My dealership experience with my blown motor - VERY LONG

tour4fun

Reaction score
Did you keep the old engine?

I doubt it. I'm sure Toyota is pulling it apart at their research facility. XRobber, you should ask them whether they would like you to test the TRD supercharger :biggrin:.

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
I doubt it. I'm sure Toyota is pulling it apart at their research facility. XRobber, you should ask them whether they would like you to test the TRD supercharger :biggrin:.
Yeah they could get him to rag on it for a couple of weeks , if it survived his driving style they could certify it " bastos proof " ..:biggrin: :laugh:

DOGO X

Reaction score
Yeah they could get him to rag on it for a couple of weeks , if it survived his driving style they could certify it " bastos proof " ..:biggrin: :laugh:

That will be good! :top:

XRobber

Reaction score
pretty good story there ....sounds like some reality tv stuff :laugh: ...so how do u think they found your truck online....did they just google your name or something:hmmmm2:
Apparently.... My name seems to be around a bit LOL

werd. i wouldn't have dealt with that b/s. if my mother and father don't yell at me, some grown ass dude isn't going to either.

props on handling the situation in the proper way tho. my friend has low compression in one of his cylinders on his 1GR. we're assuming it's the piston rings. the cause?? not sure but we're guessing it has something to do with him running 8psi into his engine created by a PT SC66:rock:
$10.00 says its a broken ring land lol.

Did you keep the old engine?
Nah, they wouldnt let me have any of the old parts.

LOL While that would be kinda cool, I have no interest in that s/c. My next project with the truck is going to be a pretty radical one.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
How many times does it need to be said... XRobber is famous :top:

Matt's06

Reaction score
Nah, they wouldnt let me have any of the old parts.

So, did you wind up still buying that engine from the junk yard. The reason I ask is because you said you were going to build one engine while you still drove the truck with the other engine. Is that still the plan?

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
You have more cool then i do...I probably woulda punched the guy in the face.
Seriously...there's no reason they should treat you like that. I'm still freaked out about how they found you on the internet though.:hmmmm2:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Seriously...there's no reason they should treat you like that. I'm still freaked out about how they found you on the internet though.:hmmmm2:

Someone that works there was probabley a rat
farku.gif

DOGO X

Reaction score
Maybe because he had the URD sticker on the front valance :biggrin:

NJTacoma

Reaction score
Good story man, thats some crazy •XR•XR•XR•XR. Next loose the URD sticker on your truck Rob otherwise you would of gotten a motor for free. :top:

plinco

Reaction score
its sad that we all have a story about what a toyota service department has done to are trucks. And you notice that they always refuse to admit their is a problem, until you go over their heads. I know that I have gotton one service manager fired, from having a three way call with toyota corp and the dealership owner. I wonder what kind of crap they get away with the people that dont know better....

Racer_X

Reaction score
Wow Rob- you deserved it, Pee Pee Head!:eviltongue: :bird:

Racer_X

Reaction score
Man, I must say that this site much more VISUALLY appealing than CT... and the stories are funnier- can't say much for the people though!
_Cheers!

DOGO X

Reaction score
There are los of CT's here with different attitude. :top:

Racer_X

Reaction score
OH well- I still think the graphics and displays are a lot more interesting than CT, there are definitely a lot more things to do here!

Top Bottom