Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My F500BT install pics

xrun

Reaction score
Hi;

I am starting by install of the Pioneer F700BT in my XR. Today I have installed the Bluetooth Microphone in the driver side Pillar. Now if I could just figure out how to get all those wires to fit behind the radio!

Attachments

• Mic.jpg
    Mic.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 163

4VsX

Reaction score
Ahhh Double Din, so tight! :laugh: Its like you need three hands. Just fight ull get it in. :top:
Post a pic of your unit when done please.

Troskey

Reaction score
dude.. come to FLA and install my mic there for me.. i just have my pretty much hangin.. that's a sweet spot man!!

how'd you do it? i might get brave enough to do it one of these weekends!!

xrun

Reaction score
dude.. come to FLA and install my mic there for me.. i just have my pretty much hangin.. that's a sweet spot man!!

how'd you do it? i might get brave enough to do it one of these weekends!!

I pulled off the trim (easy) and found a spot that didn't have anything behind it. I used a 3/8" inside diameter rubber grommet. I ran the cable down the pillar and snaked it through the under-dash parts up to the radio cutout.

Try it, I think it looks good, but we'll see how it sounds when I get the unit in. :rockon:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
i would say put the wires behind that space to the right of where the HU goes (behind the air bad area. There is a little slot back there that is good for tucking things away.....

looks good bro!

eXuser01

Reaction score
do you have the f500bt or the 700 LOL ur thread title says five and thEn your post says seven. That's a sweet spot let us know how well it works and then u will be a trend setter haha. And I suggest cutting the wires shorter then they are to make the extra space

xrun

Reaction score
I have the 700BT, sorry. I should be done with the install today, and I will send more pics later.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
xrun: looking good bro...:top: can't wait to see the finished setup...:biggrin:

Troskey

Reaction score
i really like the location of the mic.. mine is in the same vicinity but definitely doesnt look as nice..

i need to get up off my lazy arse and get this done!!

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Very nice, you used the same mic i have with a rubber grommet, right?

This is the mic i have
Picture054.jpg

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
I like where you located your bluetooth mic for your celly...:biggrin: not only is it centralized but becomes more useful for passenger to talk to parties on the other side of the line...:top:

never thought about installing the mic there...but now I might have too...:biggrin:

Very nice, you used the same mic i have w:top:ith a rubber grommet, right?

This is the mic i have
Picture054.jpg

xrun

Reaction score
Very nice, you used the same mic i have with a rubber grommet, right?

This is the mic i have
Picture054.jpg

Yes, it's the same. I was going to do what you did, but I actually saw a pic of another car with this mic located on the pillar. So I'm not a trend-setter, but it looks cool anyway! :laugh:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Yes, it's the same. I was going to do what you did, but I actually saw a pic of another car with this mic located on the pillar. So I'm not a trend-setter, but it looks cool anyway! :laugh:

haha... well, I'm stealing the idea then. :biggrin:

xrun

Reaction score
Well, it's finally done. I got all the wires connected, bypass included, and crammed behind the double-din. Whew, those wires are tough!.

Here it is:

Attachments

• Nav.jpg
    Nav.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 120

Venomous_X

Reaction score
looks good! I want a dd too, but man broke!! :thumpdown:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
is that the new 2din with the microsoft navigation...:biggrin:

Well, it's finally done. I got all the wires connected, bypass included, and crammed behind the double-din. Whew, those wires are tough!.

Here it is:

Troskey

Reaction score
is that the new 2din with the microsoft navigation...:biggrin:

microsoft nav?!?

nah.. it has MSN Direct.. which shows traffic and some other pretty useful stuff.. like gas prices and such.. i havent subscribed to it.. i dont know if it's worth it yet.. but if you have cameras at lights and such.. the nav actually pics some of those up too!

Top Bottom