Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My Flat Black X....

InkedRunner

Reaction score
Leave the chrome stubs alone IMO. lol. Lookin good man. I am glad you got that Camber issue cleared up:biggrin:. Your truck is lookin incredible in those pics.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Truck looks freakin' sweet bro! Definately like how your color contrasts flow. Great job

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
Sweeeeet bro, love the X, paint, wheels, drop....:top:

Vashx51

Reaction score
that looks damn good. . . . always thought the flat black made cars and truck look bad ass . . . well not all has to have the right body . . . nice work

thatsubiekid

Reaction score
Finally this truck is finished.....FOR NOW. I give it a month before Alex buys something else:top:

Gadget

Reaction score
When I heard he was going to do this I could not believe it. Talk about a risky modification. It is not like you can just unbolt the mod and go back to stock if you don't like it.

I saw this truck a few weeks ago when we were putting on the URD Supercharger pulley, and I will have to say, it came out really well. It came out really nice and there is no question it is the most unique XRunner there is!!

Gadget

Alexrunner

Reaction score
^^^^ Geez thanks guys! :adore:

I really appreciate all the compliments, it took a lot of work and time for it to come out the way I intended. Now I gotta start on the interior.

Any suggestions? :dontknow:

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
I'd go with a black/red combo.. mostly black with some very small (very small) red accents. I don't think that would look too gaudy?

Black out the panels, but perhaps on some of the bezels a little red wouldn't hurt. I don't think I'd go matte for the interior though, I'd have to see what it looked like.

Then again, I'm partially retarded. What do I know?

DoubleD

Reaction score
Man i love flat black! My cougar is Flat black also and its such a great color! I have a question for you though did they do a flat clear on yours? If so have you washed it yet? Im still figuring out how to clean mine, so far just a wet rag works but just wondering how your experience has been! But dude sweet truck!

KETCHUP

Reaction score
that is so awesome bro. :top: props for doing something different!

08x

Reaction score
wow i just can not get over how nice that looks

Alexrunner

Reaction score
Man i love flat black! My cougar is Flat black also and its such a great color! I have a question for you though did they do a flat clear on yours? If so have you washed it yet? Im still figuring out how to clean mine, so far just a wet rag works but just wondering how your experience has been! But dude sweet truck!

They put in a little clear coat with the mix but I could not wash it with soap for about a month. I now wash it with soap though and those pictures were taken right after it got cleaned. DO NOT WAX haha

I'd go with a black/red combo.. mostly black with some very small (very small) red accents. I don't think that would look too gaudy?

Black out the panels, but perhaps on some of the bezels a little red wouldn't hurt. I don't think I'd go matte for the interior though, I'd have to see what it looked like.

Then again, I'm partially retarded. What do I know?

I was thinking of changing my xru sticker and getting a red one, then maybe a flat red for the hood scoop or emblem. What do ya think?

Last edited:

5000XD

Reaction score
Looks really good dude! :top: but do I already see paintchips on your rear right fender flare?

Alexrunner

Reaction score
Yup :thumpdown:. Painter told me not to put the 3M on the paint, so I have to spray flat black onto a piece of cardboard and take a very fine brush and dab em.

5000XD

Reaction score
Bummer that its already chipped, it still looks awesome though :top:

Top Bottom