Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My Need For Speed

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
Well just a couple of days ago the car went into winter storage!

So to prep the car for storage all I can think of was fuel stabilizer and disconnecting the battery, any other helpful tips for a car that's gonna stay sitting for about 6 months?

So with that said got around doing a compression test on the engine to see what kind of life there is on the engine. Here are the results

So everything came out perfect with no failing cylinders I can build up this engine up to its limit. Of course the threshold on the engine is known to be around 500WHP, surprisingly that's the goal I want but I'm pretty sure a stock engine won't last that long on that limit. So the goal on the stock engine will be 425-450WHP.

I'm glad my little unit I've rented has enough room to build on the front end of the car! Excited to get into that engine bay!

Judas

Reaction score
Which insurance company? if you don't mind my asking.

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
Update With Whats Going On With The Car

So unfortunately the people who i was renting my storage unit with will not let me work on my car while its parked inside. Their reasoning behind it was because its a storage unit not a garage. Well bummer, i got rid of that storage unit sooo fast since i was prety pissed off at them and bought myself a "make your own garage" kit

Even though its not heated i can always put some kind of heater for when i decide to go work on the car. It works for now and its even a bit bigger then the unit i was renting!

* * * * *​

As well i love it when parts come in!! :D

champ_6

Reaction score
Beautiful car. How's it coming getting used to RHD? I had a RHD Sil80 and it messed me up with the turn signals and windshield wipers. To this day I still confuse them sometimes.

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
Your gonna go with twins For boost?
The OEM set up deals with twins, so yeah staying with twins but A LOT of people normally go with a big single turbo just because there's less parts to deal with.

Info on your make your own garage please!
Canadian Tire Garage Kit lol il have to look at the actual brand when I get home

Just looked online to see the reviews on which one to buy, everyone seemed happy with this one and it was only 500$

Beautiful car. How's it coming getting used to RHD? I had a RHD Sil80 and it messed me up with the turn signals and windshield wipers. To this day I still confuse them sometimes.
Thanks man! At first it's tricky just because I was so used with left hand driving. You eventually get used to it though then your all good.

Right on, yeah the turn signals I still mess up too! haha

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
Alright let the teardown begin! Trying to get this all done before the real cold gets here since my little make up garage is not heated.

So im not gonna go into great details with the teardown and re-build just point out a few things, if you wanna know something fell free to ask.

So anyways here's a couple days work on the engine got all of the electrical out, Intake, fuel injectors, fuel rail, random piping, heat shields, crossbar, throttle mechanism, drained radiator & the front grill/bumper. I'm gonna need a hand to get the turbo's out and same with the intake plenum so until then i'm on hold.

Before:

After:

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score

Update (literally a year later....)

So it got to cold in my little hut so the car sat like the picture above till the summer. After the past winter months I threw the car back together stock. The summer was fun! Raced my car on a real track and met up with other local around town

Then people cannot drive and got this nice dent

So I now have a carbon hood on the way. After a week from that happening I blew my front diff from a hard launch so I decided to pull my engine. The car is now outta c omission for the rest of the year till next summer.

So now I have the car sitting in its forever home for a year

Accessories all stripped off

Engine being pulled

Engine safe and sound ready for cleaning and getting everything else off

So there you have it, that's as far as I am with the car. This us not a dead thread :p

metalpeddler88

Reaction score
Those cars are awesome! IMO, much cooler than the overly modified Civic. :top:

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Thank for the update! Glad to see you had a chance to enjoy it! Can't wait to see what's next!

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
Yeah I've been on and off this forum for the past year but I'm always around reading up on what everyone else is up to !

I'll be sure to keep the thread up to date since the real work is starting to progress now!

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
Some more news with the skyline

Got the engine bay all nicely cleaned up and got the front bumper bar off since it was rusted pretty badly

So with the bumper bar off fixed the rust issues by sanding the rust off and painting it back over with rustoleom white paint. It pretty much looks like new again! Did the same for my horns as they were looking very rough

Now back to the engine. Got the transmission disconnected off from the engine

Then came the engine strip down! So this included fuel rail, injectors, intake plenum, the two turbos, exhaust manifolds and all the oil, coolant and vacuum lines

And here it is all off the engine sitting beside the transmission

So that was last weekends work. Never got the engine on the engine stand yet because I don't have long enough metric bolts to go into the block. So this was as far as I can go before it gets mounted. Work for another day!

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
Well another day with the skyline

Let The Engine Strip Down Commence

So start taking the main crankshaft pulley with the the timing belt and cam gears. Then the intake manifold with the cam covers after with the cams. By the time you know it the head is off and it's looking like this

Now was time to take the oil pan off. You can see in the picture below that the front diff is connected to the oil pan. The whole reason why the engine came out for a blown diff.

Engine oil pan off and sitting on the ground, then the pic on the engine

Main lower bearing brace removed with all the baffling

And finally got all the pistons out sitting pretty on the bench

So another day done with everything almost everything dis-assembled. All that's gotta be done is cleaning and take a closer look at my front diff

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
Well got around to removing the crank shaft from the block including the oil pump

Inspected all the bearing journals and the cylinder bores. All looks well without the need of re-boring the cylinders so im pretty happy about that

So now it was time to inspect my front diff so here we go. Took off the front cover and the side cover to where it seal on the side. Split the flange and removed the whole extended shaft

Once that was out it was a little bit of manoeuvering to get the diff out

Here's the whole reason why the engine came out (don't mean to keep repeating myself but ive got proof of what happened now) Pictures will do the talking

Now no one in my town will clean up the oil pan or the engine block so i'll be driving down to the bigger city down south for the shop im bringing my engine parts can do the following jobs for me

-Balance the crankshaft
-Clean and flux coat (check for cracks) the oil pan
-Clean and flux coat (check for cracks) the engine block
-Deck and re-hone engine block

So pretty much saran-wrapped the oil pan, engine block and lower bearing brace and in the Tacoma it goes for a road trip down south for next weekend

There you go for all you readers. Everything dismantled and now we can start the re-building phase of things for then engine and a new front diff

Top Bottom