Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My New Headunit

illmeg4fun

Reaction score
nice bro i jsut got mine in the mail today. i got the pioneer D3 i cant wait to get it installed dont forget to post pics when you get it installed. oh and hows the body kit doing ?

not bad. Driverside skirt will need to be repaired, but everything else is surprizingly not damaged. I just need to get the little color coded clips for the skirt and i'll be set. I'll probably take it in here this week. I just got my bonus in so I have alittle extra cash to play with before getting stuff ready to seel the house.

05runner

Reaction score
Just post pics when your finished the installed so i can oogle over it. Dang i wish i had that kinda cheese to drop into a radio. My girl would smash me. She already hates that i dropped cash for rims and tires.:rock:

wshsbears

Reaction score
Really that long? I've installed every stereo I've ever had in all of my vehicles. although i've never done a double din or nav unit, I hope it doesnt take that long. I'll let you know though.:top:
this one's a little more in depth than most standard head units.. u need to hook up all the navigation sensors and run the antenna to ur chosen location and figure out ur best ground so that u don't have the issue with dvd's and e-brake as well as entering a destination while driving. be sure u know which wires to tap into before the install and u should be pretty much set:top:

illmeg4fun

Reaction score
I remember someone talking about a special way to wire the e-brake wire to play movies while driving, I'll try to find it, but can someone post it up in the mean time?

wshsbears

Reaction score
I remember someone talking about a special way to wire the e-brake wire to play movies while driving, I'll try to find it, but can someone post it up in the mean time?
when u pull ur ebrake and the cable is connected the correct way the ebrake creates a ground for the wire hooked up to it. if u ground the wire the entire time it will think the e-brake is always pulled and u won't have any issues.

illmeg4fun

Reaction score
Well just got it in the mail today. I guess i'll start fumblin with it tomorrow after work. Can I just splice the Park brake wire into the ground wire provided to solve that problem or should I ground it separtly? I will have before and after pics as soon as I get done. Will anyone want a write up for this unit? Cause I can do up a quick one with pics if anyone is interested?!?!?

Yotaman

"Shortbus"
Reaction score
Hope that the install goes well...as always pics are always a good thing, its interesting to see any install proces..:top:

illmeg4fun

Reaction score
Hey I need help really quick. I'm almost done but I cant find the right wire for the speed pulse. does anyone know where it is and what color? possibly a Pic???

lucke

Reaction score
Hey I need help really quick. I'm almost done but I cant find the right wire for the speed pulse. does anyone know where it is and what color? possibly a Pic???
its a purple wire... let me see if i can find a pic of it

VSS...The ECU second plug from the bottom, purple with white strip (or violet) depending on the light

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t138609.html

Last edited:

illmeg4fun

Reaction score
Thanks bro, I'm gonna go get some grub and finish when I get back. I'll take some pics when I get all done.

lucke

Reaction score
didn't i tell you it would be about an hour and a half to two hour job?:laugh:

illmeg4fun

Reaction score
Well here are the final pics. It took me an hour and a half, just like lucke told me haha. Thanks man

Before
P1010161.jpg

After
Picture004.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture001.jpg

But I got interupted midway through becasue this showed up at my house. And I installed it the next morning. Thanks Glen!!
P1010166.jpg

P1010165.jpg

P1010163.jpg

TKXR

Reaction score
Thats a pretty gud price bro gud find!!!!!!

AdAM

Reaction score
so did that 6620 actually come with the rear camera or is that somthing u have to invest in after?

illmeg4fun

Reaction score
you have to invest after, same with sirius adaptor, but if you go to crutchfield they are including the Ipod adaptor

KETCHUP

Reaction score
:eviltongue: DAMN YOU!!! hahaha i want that unit so bad.... SO bad... great price too.... where is that 600 dollar check from uncle sam already.... (also am i reading it right? it comes with blue tooth in it already? nothing to add on? if so that will be a deciding factor for me)

yeah.........im waiting on that 1800....:biggrin:
going 2 get that speed sturr lid and maybe the headers or the djm..dunno:dontknow:

Top Bottom