Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My X

Clewis333

Reaction score
Never made a thread about how I got my X, so here it goes!
I was on leave, hanging out with my dad. We decided to go car shopping. My dad wanted me to get a old sh*t car. he took me to think ghetto dealership with a bunch of 90's hondas... That's when I made it up in my head that I didn't want a beater.
Same day we went to a legit used car dealership. No skeeziness. (or very little, it's still a car dealership) and we just started looking around the lot. the first thing that caught my eye was the Xrunner. i asked him about it. and then i took it on a 2 day test drive (it was only supposed to be one day but i didn't return it :biggrin:)
I didn't know how to drive manual when i drove this thing off of the lot. i think i stalled it upwards of 3 times driving it away from the dealership. Good times.
Anyways... I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I bought this truck. and it's probably one of the best accidental impulse buys i've ever had.
good thing this truck is sexy enough for it to catch my eyes!:rockon:

Red08xr

Reaction score
yeah, mine was kin dof an accidental buy too lol

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
My dad was buying me a truck and he brought home a tacoma brochure. I flipped through it and thought it was too boring until I spotted a SWB in the bottom corner and fell in love with the X. Needless to say he bought if for me:biggrin:

Clewis333

Reaction score
My dad was buying me a truck and he brought home a tacoma brochure. I flipped through it and thought it was too boring until I spotted a SWB in the bottom corner and fell in love with the X. Needless to say he bought if for me:biggrin:

Lucky... I had to wait till i got into the military before i could get a vehicle. Either way, great vehicle. Can't wait for my S/C to come in:top:

x ynot

Reaction score
heres a late welcome and very nice my was also an accidental buy woo

Homemade

Reaction score
When I 1st saw the truck in 05 I thought.... That tacoma shouldnt be low it should be lifted! Took me a minute then I was hooked! The handycap blue is starting to look good now! ha! I really dont care what color I get Cause they all look good!

dbredleader

Reaction score
X

I studied XR's for 5 years before I got one... I had just bought a Tundra, then the XR's came out. I had to pay off an entire Tundra before I could get one. Worth the wait.

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
I drove my 86 Mazda for 19 years (400000 km)and gave it to the tech school for the kids to play and learn how to fix cars. Drove a Honda for 4 years and every day I miss having a truck. I took early retirement and sold the Honda and got my 07 X-R used with only 6000 miles on it in 09.

Clewis333

Reaction score
I drove my 86 Mazda for 19 years (400000 km)and gave it to the tech school for the kids to play and learn how to fix cars. Drove a Honda for 4 years and every day I miss having a truck. I took early retirement and sold the Honda and got my 07 X-R used with only 6000 miles on it in 09.

Very nice. I got mine with like 28 on it.

triumphx

Reaction score
Ha my x was a impulse buy as well as i just bought a jetta 3 months ago but couldnt pass up on a hell of a deal. I got a 05' with 40k miles for 12k. I always wanted one when i gotta out of high school in 04'

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Mine was also an impulse buy, because gas was like 4 dollars and some change and my 04 silverado was only getting 14 mpg on its beat day. I went to the stealership looking for a 4x4 tacoma when I came across my x and the rest is history.

Chris

DBX

Reaction score
I was looking for a truck to haul wood for my woodworking, kind of hard getting a sheet of plywood in a Corvette, even with the top down! Mnephew has a couple years old Tundra, the smaller version, but didn't want to sell it. So I looked on line, saw the Tacomas, then the X-Runners and decided that is what I wanted. No one had any in Tampa, so I went to my local dealer, told him what I wanted and for him to give me call when he found one. He called the next day, had one in Miami, he and another associate drove down and got it since the dealer there would not ship it. Got it 2 days later, with 2-year maintenance included, lifetime powertrain warranty, and additional maintenance included for another 3 years with leather interior, Red, with light grey leather. I hit a deer after about 1700 miles, Allstate fixed with no problems or headaches, working on 7600 miles currently, giving the Vette a rest, no longer my daily driver.

X-Pablo

Reaction score
Was looking for a small truck, thinking of going with a Chevy, then one day @ a Toyota dealership I saw a used '07 RR, I thought it was a custom job that somebody did on their Tacoma and couldn't believe how clean it was, went to salesguy to inquire about it, he told me he just sold it few hours ago and the financing got approved so he was just about to put a sold sign on it.
Then he told me that these were special edition Tacoma's called X-Runner's and I could order one if I wanted, he didn't have any others on his lot. so I looked over the brochure and eventually bought a '09 BSP from another dealer a few months later. I found this site and became a member here, before I had my XR BSP.

Clewis333

Reaction score
awesome, we have an even mix of impulse buys, and people who knew what they were doing.

Baggins44

Reaction score
I had an 03' Dakota sxt before. Took a trip up to the grand canyon....truck had no power going up the mountains, 4 bangers are flying past me and I pretty much had to stay in 2nd-3rd gear to get up hills. I decided then that I needed more power. Started looking when I got home, looked at prerunners and saw the X.

bcroach78

Reaction score
Everyone and there X's :adore: Wish I didnt need the room of four doors!!

Top Bottom