Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Need a stronger clutch

ABP

Reaction score
Well after my new found power my clutch is slipping. What are my choices for a really good choice for an aftermarket clutch? I will be taking my truck back to the dyno this week to get some after numbers. The truck pulls really strong after installing the cam gears, thermostat and X-1.

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
Paradise Racing is a vendor here and has CC Clutches.

Good stuff, I have a stage 4 (1620 series)...250% more TQ capasity that stock

ABP

Reaction score
Paradise Racing is a vendor here and has CC Clutches.

Good stuff, I have a stage 4 (1620 series)...250% more TQ capasity that stock

Yeah I saw theirs. I ordered the Fidanza flywheel from them. I will probably go with the same one you have. I was just seeing if there was any other options.

RedXr

Reaction score
Ya centerforce makes a couple stages. But id do the competition clutch. :top:

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
Get the six puck from Paradise racing!:top:

ABP

Reaction score
I am just wondering if the stage 4 is a little much for a daily driver? I know it has little play when letting the clutch out. I wonder how the stage 2 would hold up? And would the stage 2 have a little more play like stock?

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
the stage 4 takes getting used too :laugh:

its rough but i have gotten used to it though. it all depends on what your end goal is..if you plan on getting a s/c..go stage 4...if not...stage 2 would do you fine

cam gears, thermostat and X-1

got more info on these toys?

Last edited:

ABP

Reaction score
the stage 4 takes getting used too :laugh:

its rough but i have gotten used to it though. it all depends on what your end goal is..if you plan on getting a s/c..go stage 4...if not...stage 2 would do you fine

http://www.aprpower.com/

I am already supercharged and just added the APR stuff. I just drive a lot in traffic and worry the stage 4 might suck in rush hour. I probably need the stage 4 I was just testing the water on the stage 2.

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score

I am already supercharged and just added the APR stuff. I just drive a lot in traffic and worry the stage 4 might suck in rush hour. I probably need the stage 4 I was just testing the water on the stage 2.
stage four will suck almighty a$$ in rush hour...maybe stage three?

how bad an install and tuning was that?

170* thermostat huh...whats stock?

Last edited:

ABP

Reaction score
stage four will suck almighty a$$ in rush hour...maybe stage three?

how bad an install and tuning was that?

170* thermostat huh...whats stock?

I cheated on the install. I drove down to Allan Phillips Racing and had a guy that Dave (owner) recomended do the cam gears and thermostat. It took him 3-4 hours. I am sure it didnt help that I was there the whole time. He did an great job with my install and was very carefull with my truck. I didnt hover over him cause I hate when people do that to me but I had no where to go so I was around the whole time. As far as the install on a non supercharged truck it took him 2-3 hours. The supercharger has to come off the remove the valve covers. The computer is very easy to install. You have to remove your glove box which just pulls off. Then you remove the brackets holding the factory computer. Unplug the factory harness that goes in the computer. Plug the X-1 computer into the factory and plug the factory harness into the X-1. Then reinstall both with the new brackets. The X-1 comes with a small plate you mount in the glove box. This plate has a spot to plug in a laptop for live data and live tuning. The plate has another plug for a flash drive. You can store multiple maps on flash drives and change the map on the fly. That way if you are supercharged you can use a map for race fuel at the track. Simply ad 100+ octane fuel, plug in the flash drive and your check engine light will flash a certain number of times to let you know the map was loaded.

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
<---hates wires!!!

damn! So its a plug and play tuner not a piggyback?! That would be nice!

have you gotten dyno number differences out of it yet?

ABP

Reaction score
I did the before numbers last week. As soon as the same dyno shop can fit me in I will get after numbers. I will start a new thread and post them when I do. It's a piggy back but with out all the wiring since it plugs straight into the factory and was built specifically for the X-Runner.

You can PM me for more specifics. I was really impressed with the guys at APR but we have some really great sponsors on this site. I dont want to post a bunch of info and sound like an ad or like someone that works for them. I paid full price for the product and paid for the install. I would gladly do it again.

ABP

Reaction score
Its cool your opinion on the clutch counts big time. You are the only one I know running the stage 4. I sent you a PM on the APR stuff. Just shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
i think so far i am...

I got my flywheel and clucth 2 weeks ago, had it installed next day.

was rough the first week trying to figure first gear out, but like everything you get used it.

I dont do much stop and go traffic (some but not to bad)...but if you do, i promise you wouldnt enjoy it..its an unforgiving clucth!

ABP

Reaction score
i think so far i am...

I got my flywheel and clucth 2 weeks ago, had it installed next day.

was rough the first week trying to figure first gear out, but like everything you get used it.

I dont do much stop and go traffic (some but not to bad)...but if you do, i promise you wouldnt enjoy it..its an unforgiving clucth!

Man I wish we lived closer. I could try your clutch and you could try out what I have done to my truck. I know you are going to F/I yours. I think you would like my setup, but with Gadgets new supercharger so you can break the 400 mark. I doubt the TRD unit will ever pull that off.

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
if he dont do something soon, im gonna give up hope! Boost is better than no boost at all!!

XrunnIT

Reaction score

Where have you been buddy?? haha. Check out these threads, all the info you can take.. Not to mention I'll be back at there shop this week. :top:

APR X-One Engine Controller
APR X-1 Follow Up
APR Follow Up Part 2

Man I wish we lived closer. I could try your clutch and you could try out what I have done to my truck. I know you are going to F/I yours. I think you would like my setup, but with Gadgets new supercharger so you can break the 400 mark. I doubt the TRD unit will ever pull that off.

Ye of little faith... :biggrin:

ABP

Reaction score
Ordered a clutch from Paradise Racing today.

Top Bottom