Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Need Body Kit Clips

xptical

Reaction score
Hi all,

My 05 X-Runner has some broken body clips. I would like to remove the entire body kit and replace them with new clips.

Second, is there a specific manual for X-Runners, or should I run down to AutoZone and grab a stock Tacoma manual?

Finally, for now, is it an "X" runner or a "cross" runner?

Thanks all.

Oh, I *hate* the stock radio. If I hit "Scan", it locks on stations that aren't even there.

What are my options for after-market radios?

Last edited:

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
xptical said:
Hi all,

My 05 X-Runner has some broken body clips. I would like to remove the entire body kit and replace them with new clips.

Second, is there a specific manual for X-Runners, or should I run down to AutoZone and grab a stock Tacoma manual?

Finally, for now, is it an "X" runner or a "cross" runner?

Thanks all.

I think anyone with broken clips usually epoxy some new ones or fab something up to hold the kit on.

I looked a few days ago in Autozone and I don't think they carry the manuals for 05+ tacomas yet (still too new I guess).

And it's an "X (letter x) runner for the x brace under the bed by the spare tire.

And our trucks can fit any single din or double din radio so you can put any kind you want...it all up to what you want

spdstyl

Reaction score
no they hve manuals i have 2 sittin in my garage one soaked in oil and one still in the cover I know napa westbay carry them.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
spdstyl said:
no they hve manuals i have 2 sittin in my garage one soaked in oil and one still in the cover I know napa westbay carry them.

Imma have to look again for one...I like to have one on hand if I run into any problems while modding.

spdstyl

Reaction score
i actually dont think I have ever used mine but i am a firm believer in them

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
spdstyl said:
i actually dont think I have ever used mine but i am a firm believer in them

Me too...i had a hanes manual for every vehicle I've owned...if they had one lol

Murderface

Reaction score
Usually what happens is the plastic piece that the clips attach to on the ground effects either breaks or the hole gets worn out and the clip no longer stays in it. What I have done to fix mine is epoxy the plastic piece that breaks and then use zip ties instead of the clips. Sounds ghetto but I was tired of the clips not holding and the zip ties work better at holding the ground effects on. There's no way the zip tie will break or loosen up over time, it's been a couple years now and the zip ties are still keeping the ground effects flush to the body. Zip ties FTW!!

Venomous_X

Reaction score
^ this...... I have to do a few special fabs and replace a few pieces but man zip ties are so much better than the expensive ass clips....

BearCat11

Reaction score
hmmmm.... I'm gonna have to try the zip ties. I'm tired of those stupid clips!

Clewis333

Reaction score
I'm about to JB weld my body skirts back on. Cuz the plastic parts that the clips are supposed to hold onto broke off. :thumpdown:

TRD-X

Reaction score
Need a sticky for the body clips where to buy and part number also repair info. Not hating but there has been so many threads about this. :top:

BTW welcome to the Money Pit! :laugh:

x07runner

Reaction score
just hit up your local NAPA they can get them or they have them in stack i get them all the time

Top Bottom