Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

need help buying a navi...

nxrunner

Reaction score
Im looking at getting a good dash-top mount navi.I dont really want an indash because I want to beable to move it from vehicle to vehicle. Any one have any suggestions on which model/brand to get and where to purchase it at the best price.

morcheez

Reaction score
garmin nuvi 350 ....got mine for the move and i love it...use it everyday and it works pretty good for me ..i havent gotten lost in san antonio yet...got it on ebay for $331 shipped ...it was a refurb but it looks and works like its new ...they go for 500+ at stores....they gf got the garmin c330 which is a slightly different model ...just a bit bigger and it doesnt have text to speech...but hers was 250 at c.c. brand new ....if u need to know anything else just let me know :top:

07xrunner

Reaction score
sweet man i need to get me one of those as much traveling as i do

ellocovg

Reaction score
I also have the garmin nuvi 350 I bought it when they were new for 550 and its worth every penny. I have to drive all over to differente job sites and its great. You can get them much cheaper now as new models have come out but its all bs they just add better mp3 player's blue tooth and stupid stuff you dont need but the map is all the same. I also went with the portable just becauce I have 3 cars. ONly issue I have with it is the suction cup to stick it to the window sucks after moving it from car to car for a while. But I know ppl that have all sorts of differente ones and after a while the sunction cup just goes crappy.

07xrunner

Reaction score
my pda has gps and google maps but the screens too hard to see while driving

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
I 'm also looking for a Navi and Have been asking around and so far Garmin and Tom Tom have been the most popular ones.

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
I'm waiting to see if either one will go on sale since school is just around the corner. Might find a good price.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
watch ebay. if you wait long enough you should be able to hit a good deal.
just watch out for buy it now auctions...you can usually find things cheaper at other sites on the net once you calculate shipping and all the extra charges

nxrunner

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses guys. I really need to get one soon. These New Jersey streets are killing me. :thumpdown:

garmin nuvi 350 ....got mine for the move and i love it...use it everyday and it works pretty good for me ..i havent gotten lost in san antonio yet...got it on ebay for $331 shipped ...it was a refurb but it looks and works like its new ...they go for 500+ at stores....they gf got the garmin c330 which is a slightly different model ...just a bit bigger and it doesnt have text to speech...but hers was 250 at c.c. brand new ....if u need to know anything else just let me know :top:

Morcheez you got mail. :driver:

morcheez

Reaction score
I'm waiting to see if either one will go on sale since school is just around the corner. Might find a good price.

i did the same thing thinking they would go on sale during fathers day but they never really reduced any to where i wanted to go get one
watch ebay. if you wait long enough you should be able to hit a good deal.
just watch out for buy it now auctions...you can usually find things cheaper at other sites on the net once you calculate shipping and all the extra charges

i must have bidded on a unit like mine like 20 different times and i finally got it at the price i wanted ...got it two days before i was moving...just in time

ellocovg

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses guys. I really need to get one soon. These New Jersey streets are killing me. :thumpdown:

Morcheez you got mail. :driver:

Where in Jersey are you living?

yayxrunner707

Reaction score
dude i work for radioshack and the tom tom 1 regular size or xl are the best bang for the buck. their not ass expesive as other ones but have really good features. voice by turn directions. preloaded us and canada maps. and you can type in routes and directions.:top:

Bobby B

Reaction score
really bobby? guess i won't have the nicest navi unit anymore?

are you getting it installed by somebody, or doing it yourself?
Yeah I've had the unit since June it's just sitting here in my office.

I'm getting two pairs of these components

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_components.php?comp_id=65

as well as all JL amps, wiring and W-6 V2 sub, full i Pod control steering wheel interface I'm just waiting on few more funds to come through.

All the work will be done by New Age Audio in Fullerton. Mylo the owner is extremely meticulous when it come to installs. I'm hoping to get a lot of install pics.

Top Bottom