Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

need help connecting to MAF calibrator

stretch200

Reaction score
So my computer isn't connecting to the USB/serial cable that's connected to the MAF calibrator. My computer is saying the driver isn't installed. But I didn't get any drivers from URD with the cable. I called URD tech support and they didn't give me any data on getting this to work. I called geek squad and they told me that it won't work without having the driver. So what the hell am I doing wrong? has anyone else had this problem? Anyone know how to fix it? I want to tune my damn truck and after buying 400 dollars worth of stuff to tune it, I shouldn't be having this stupid problem.

this is the cable i bought.
http://www.urdusa.com/product_info....d=540000072&osCsid=0jldrhmrldqcehm5vgvljf3ib4

it says software included. I didn't get any software.

Last edited:

Ninja17

Reaction score
well if it says software included and you didn't get any... looks like your missing the software man, did you tell urd tech that you didn't have it??

stretch200

Reaction score
actually no. but thats because i just noticed that it said that on their site

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
Your USB port driver isn't installed most likely. What Brand and Model laptop do you have?

stretch200

Reaction score
well at first I was using my friends laptop. then I switched to my desktop computer. Which I know for a fact the USB is installed correctly.

I'm really computer savvy. I've done everything I possibly know of to get it to work. I think its just because I don't have the software that I was suppost to get with the cable I bought.

Spyder327

Reaction score
Yep, it should come with the software (driver). That's likely your problem.

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
Ah, didn't realize you didn't get the software, that is most likely your problem. I am sure URD support could likely send you the software in an email, unless it is just huge.

stretch200

Reaction score
oh hell yea! if you could send me the driver, I'd be so crazy happy. do you need my email address? of can you just pm me?

Gadget

Reaction score
If you need the driver, please contact URD Tech Support so we can get you squared away.

Gadget

stretch200

Reaction score
ok thanks gadget. I guess I was talking to you today on the phone. haha! i didn't know it was you. I'll call you guys tomorrow for the driver.

stretch200

Reaction score
So does anyone know how to install the R4 software to a mac computer? I can't seem to do it.

nobody has used a mac with the R4 software? Is it possible?

Last edited:
Top Bottom