Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Need New Tires (Opinion)

X-Caliber

Reaction score
Blank check, need new tires. Opinions? Previous tires were - BFG KDW's, Nexxen N3000's (CRAP), and the stock Kumho's that I purchased with the truck.

I need a set of good tires that will last me for a good time. The N3000's were crap, and the KDW's are now showing wire.

What tires are you running?

Stock rims, OEM tire size.

Thanks boys,
X-Cal:crinklehair:

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
I bought some Hankook v-12s. Waiting for arrival :smile:

Gonzo464

Reaction score
I've recently put on Nitto NT555's... stock specs. I've got no complaints on them. Picked them up for like $175 a tire on discount tire direct.

butters607

Reaction score
I vote Hankook v12 evo's dude they are cheap too 143 a piece , honestly bro i would rate these tires for price and performance a 9.9 out of 10 i have had them for over a month now and the cornering and bite they have from a stop is a dream

Last edited:

STONER-X

Reaction score
i curently have 30,000 on my nitto 555's and probably have a good 10k left... these tires are great!!! my next tires will probably be the invo's.. so far i am sold on Nitto's great performance street tire...

no tire will be great in all conditions so its gonna be about what you want.. imo

i wanted a great summer tire... the 555 were great in the rain TO ME.. but when the conditions are not prime i dont try to show off (not that i do :) ..LOL)

read some customer reviews and keep an open mind about the bad reviews... there will always be more bad than good (in most cases)

livinginsa

Reaction score
I can tell you from experience what not to get. I wouldn't get BF Goodrich tires, Firestone tires, or Bridgestone tires. Right now, I have the Bridgestone 760 but I wouildn't get them, again. I bought them because I like the tread pattern. Problem is they don't wear out quick enough so I can get something with traction.

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
I put Michelin Pilot A/S sport on mine.

X-Caliber

Reaction score
I honestly just want a good cruising tire that will last me a long time. I'm going to try not to be too hard on them but I still want to have some decent performance out of them.

The hankook v12's seem like the best option. What kind of footprint do they have? Treadware ratings and temp & traction ratings?:top:

Grumpy

Reaction score
Been rolling on Falken FK452, not stock size (245/45 18) but it perform very well. Not as much grip as stock Potenza RE050 but very predictable with plenty of breakaway warning, easily catch also. Priced at $175. Tread wear is rated at 300 but will have to wait and see how long the real world mileage is.

lowchef

Reaction score
my vote is for the hankooks....so far i like alot!

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
hankooks or invos get my vote: I am also on the market and will be getting the invo's commingfrom the falken 452's..... wear wasn't bad, roadnoise sucked as they wore in, in the wet they weren't bad but not great. Invos here I come... hope that helps

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Invo's are good. Got mine for $158 each from Discount Tire. I've know people with them, and decided to get them. Glad I did. Plus with the Invo's, they are made a little wider than the stock tires (Stock Size). So that's a plus. If you can afford to pay more, the NT555's have a longer tread life than the Invo's, so if you're looking for tire life, that would be a better decision, but the Invo's are DOPE!

ShadowX

Reaction score
:laugh:blank check can be filled out to your neighborhood friendly Shadow x and ill come drive you anywhere you wanna go on my tires

MplsX

Reaction score
Everyone has an opinion based on their use and personal preference. I recommend that you use the tire rack decision guide. It can be found here.......
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/dg/SnowUse.jsp?tireIndex=0&autoMake=Toyota&autoModel=Tacoma+X-Runner&autoModClar=&autoYear=2005&sortCode=54200&width=255/&ratio=45&diameter=18&minSpeedRating=S&minLoad=S&set=N

Some people look at price, others style, and the cool people go for performance. You should be able to find exactly what you want when you look at all the options. Good luck!

BondXII

Reaction score
I put Michelin Pilot A/S sport on mine.

Same here. I bought them back in November and haven't had any complaints yet. They feel "soft" but they hold very well in the turns and from a dig. :adore: The wear stays in the tread and doesn't roll into the sidewall with proper pressure even in Autocross. They do great in the rain too. These will last you a long time. I hardly have any wear on these so far and it's my DD. I do use my Nittos (NT01R) for racing so these won't get burnt out link the Potenzas that came with the truck. Amazing how much wear there is in little Autocrossing. :crinklehair:

Murderface

Reaction score
I've been running the Invos for over a year and a half and there's not too much tread left on them:thumpdown: I don't spin my tires excessively or hit the corners hard all the time so I'm dissappinted at what tread is left with only 11K on them. I know they're sticker then most but damn I'm gonna need new tires by the end of summer! Still unsure of what I want because I need grip and longevity at the same time, sux u can't get both.

I'll be reading many reviews over the next couple months to help me decide what tires are next for the X
Traction is "A" and treadware is "260" for the Invos if anyone is wondering?

Top Bottom