Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Need Some Help: charger outlet

joshxrmora

Reaction score
ok so i went to baltimore the other day and got completely lost. after about an hour of asking for directions i finally decided to buy a garmin gps unit. as i turn it on and start to find my way the battery dies. im thinking no prob i'll just plug it in the charging outlet but turns out no power. how can i fix this, is there a fuse somewhere or a wire i need to check ?

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Check your fuses under the hood and under the dash. Probably just popped a fuse. Happens some times when you plug something in quick while it has power. Did it work before? Make sure the wires didn't come loose as well from the back of the outlet. If all that checks out, then you may have a bad plug or a cut wire.

ICEMAN

"I drive in the dirt"
Reaction score
I believe it is a fuse under the hood or dash. Swap that bad boy out and you will be golden. If it is both outlets chances are it is a fuse.

Last edited:

tattoomaker25

Reaction score
Yeah sounds like the fuse the one for the outlet. its under your dash mine went out on me few weeks ago. It's a little 15amp fuse. The fuses are located on the drivers side where the coin cup is.

BMWtech

Reaction score
I agree on the fuse. Both my outlets were out when I bought the truck.

joshxrmora

Reaction score
Yeah sounds like the fuse the one for the outlet. its under your dash mine went out on me few weeks ago. It's a little 15amp fuse. The fuses are located on the drivers side where the coin cup is.

i got to the black fuse box under the dash, completely took it out of the truck and still cant get it open. any tips that could help ?????

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
i got to the black fuse box under the dash, completely took it out of the truck and still cant get it open. any tips that could help ?????

What do you mean get it open??? The storage area to the left and below the steering wheel. Open that and take that out and all the fuses are right there. :dontknow:

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
on the lid there should be labeled what fuse go to what. i had the same problem but i just put a new fuse and it was back to working conditions. it was hard to which fuse went were.

Top Bottom