Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Need some help

ACE OF SPADE X

Reaction score
so its been raining here hardcore for 2 days and and i went through some small ponds(large puddles) and not my truck is making this weird noise its sounds like its coming from one of the pulleys but im not sure it gets louder as i drive it almost sounds like theres no greese and its bare metal. Has anyone experienced this before and knows what it is? or have any idea? i thought id check here before taking it to my mechanic shop.

Thanks

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
Did you ever change the serpentine belt. Mine was making noise, no damage on the belt just old.
If you do, check the pulleys ( 2 bottom and 1 top left and tensioner pulley on the right).

Imprezz

Reaction score
I always hear a noise at idle. Sounds like my belt is squeaking but not sure ... maybe I should change it

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I am going to take a stab and say you water logged an idler bearing.

Like Gator suggested remove the belt and inspect it, while its off spin the three idlers and check for play in the bearing by wiggling it. If you find the squeaky bearing order a new idler from yota it will already be installed in the idler that way it's a simple bolt off bolt on

ACE OF SPADE X

Reaction score
How is your throw or bearing ??

TOB is good had a new one installed about 10k miles ago

I am going to take a stab and say you water logged an idler bearing.

Like Gator suggested remove the belt and inspect it, while its off spin the three idlers and check for play in the bearing by wiggling it. If you find the squeaky bearing order a new idler from yota it will already be installed in the idler that way it's a simple bolt off bolt on

thanks man ill try that this weekend

Last edited:

autobodyX

Reaction score
Run it without the belt for a minute and see if the noise is gone

Gadget

Reaction score
Idler pulley problems is very common on this engine. Very common with the off road folks.

I will bet you a box of donuts that you will need to replace one or more of your ilder pulleys.

Just keep in mind that the tensioner idler uses a bolt that is reverse thread.

G

Top Bottom