Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Need way to clean OEM rims

carolinyens

Reaction score
So as the title says, I need some advice on how to clean the back side of the rims. I can get to where the spaces in between the points are but I just cant seem to get behind those 5 points. Its really jerkin my chain. Especially the front ones where all the brake dust is. Ive been usin one of those teardrop lookin tire brushes.

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
You can either take them off and clean them really well or get an old mitt and do it by hand after you're done washing the rest of the truck. I don't really like those brush things though I do admit to using them sometimes.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I use simple green (or left over car wash soap), a old microfiber towel, and a power washer.

tecari

Reaction score
I use a toilet brush cut in half and simple green. After you get half it clean i have to roll the truck to get where the brake caliper is. Still a pita. And it is allways wet here so my wash jobs last a day if i am lucky.

X'ED

Reaction score
talking about brake dust... ive heard easy off oven cleaner works well for brake dust, ive never tried it tho, just something i heard.

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
that stuff will probably eat the finish off of your wheels also right along with the brake dust

rich017

Reaction score
just stick your hand back there with a wash mitt and use your hand to get behind the spokes. Just bend it

HiTek21

Reaction score
Use an old sheepskin wash mit the kind that looks like an oven mit. use the left over car soap and give it a go.

AsianTaco

Reaction score
I have this stuff that I spray on the wheels and hose it off and 100% of the brake dust comes off with ease. I don't know the brand of it. But I get if from my friend's shop which he gets from the guy who delivers brake pads to his shop. I pay $20 for a gallon (which is what he gets it for to) And you dilute it with alot of water since it's really concentrated. It's also a great degreaser.

SickRedXRnr

"OK, Good Talk"
Reaction score
you could just sit indian style and lick them clean... (you never actually said you wanted GOOD answers on how to clean them lol)

R

racerx

i wash them with a old mit and brush with the stuff they use at the carwash and dry them then i go in with the powerball hooked up to my drill and polish away

STONER-X

Reaction score
guess i don't have fat hands??? :hmmmm2: i just reach on back and rub, rub, wash. then they look like new :rockon:

wshsbears

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Long...006QQitemZ160130890251QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

thats what i use and i waxed the inside and out on my wheels the whole time i had my truck. every few details i would take the wheels off and do a deep clean using a cleaner stronger than soap (simple green, degreaser etc) normally i only use soap. if u use simple green or similar products all the time, the paint on the wheels will start to bubble, chip and corrode off. it happens to most oem wheels.

MiamiAE86

Reaction score
i use diluted wheel acid. the brake dust just drips off. i use TRT Kick.

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
I use simple green........:top: It work wonders........:rock:

xr_sky1ine3

Reaction score
i use the good ol car wash soap and an old mitt. i find that the safest thing to use on the wheels. its safer than going with acid because i used that on my tc and it would rust the calipers/rotors.

AudioCra-Z

Reaction score
The easy way I have cleaned wheels in the past is to jack up each front, and use a mitt and "spin" the rim while it is lifted off the ground.

In the back, just jack up the third member, and wash each one. I find that easier than to take off each wheel. But, I guess if you are going to a car show, you want to take the wheel off to be a bit more accurate.

My 2 pennies....

R

racerx

hey audio do you live in bakersfield?????

sorry for the thread jack been looking to talk to this guy if it him

Top Bottom