Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New 3rd owner red 07 xr from VA after 1yr hell vaca to SC

Reaction score
So Im making my first post just to say hi. Ive been meaning to sign up here since I got the truck from SC at the end of November. She had just under 77k, and looked alot rougher than 77k up close, but I ended up still wanting her. So 600 miles up the road I went with a new 5 year lease. The oil did not look good, I used a liquimoly motor flush, and changed with m1 syn. 0w-30, napa gold filter. Changed air filter, eventually cabin as well. Have been washing/waxing and scrubbing the wheels at least weekly on average for the last 3k~ Ive put on.
Thats pretty much it, got a fat severed bolt stuck in the front right of the four toyo extensas (the truck was sold w/o a proper spare) luckily that was a cheap repair from the tire shop and it held pressure til then.

Coupe

Reaction score
Welcome to XRU.

Sounds like a nice truck.

Reaction score
Thanks Coupe.
I actually live in MD, the truck came from fairfax I think and sometime in 2015 it was taken to SC where the 2nd owner had it just less than a year before it ended up in the used lot I got it from, when I looked at the carfax.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome and glad to see it staying in the XRU family.

Reaction score
Thanks all. Well it doesnt seem like I can do uploads yet I must need more posts. Im getting really bad shifts in particular the down shifts from 3rd. Going down to 2nd love to get locked out [seems like its in] and grind and pop out once i let up the clutch. Ive been reading as much as I can but cant find this post I read a few days ago about a really simple black plastic piece on the shifter that could possibly provide an almost free fix to many shifter problems.

madtrucker

Reaction score
I was having trouble getting mine into gear too. It turned out to be the pressure plate. Let's hope that's not your issue, you just got it. They are great trucks. Welcome to the Underground!

30Birdy

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Yep, Great trucks indeed. I hope you get it sorted out. I have had a blast Modding the crap out of mine. I like it more with every mod.

nick_gz1

Reaction score
Welcome to XRU, loving that MOD list! Sorry to here about all the issues hopefully they're not as bad as it sounds and you get that beast in tip top shape!

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was even thinking about some liquimoly gear oil to see how thick it was compared to other stuff. I have some lucas oil that I tried on the ranger, that stuff is super thick, sticky and pours slow. Im picking up a used fiberglass bed lid soon, off a red 08 access. I dont think it will be color matched but I really want to fully vinyl wrap the truck in and out anyway.

Top Bottom