Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New 5.0 Stang will destroy any X

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Had the title been altered from inception, would this thread even have gone this route?

Aside from that, like any other vehicle that is pushed beyond it's concepted limits, you will find week links. Can't deny that. Take my truck for example. Take you all's transmissions for another. It is because of people like us, and them, who aren't satisfied with it being "good enough" or "stock", that make the progression for better parts and performance.

Will our V6 with whatever we do to it, ever be a V8 with equal performance mods on it? No. Will it in a similar vehicle beat it? No. Is that going to stop us from "Customizing" what we love? No.

If you want to surprise the hell out of them for the sheer thrill of excitement, then you know what to do. Build your wallet; build your motor; build a turbo or whipple charger setup for higher than 10 psi of boost; fix the trans; and get coilovers or other suspension upgrades; and run your shiz sucka. Done!

5000XD

Reaction score
Will our V6 with whatever we do to it, ever be a V8 with equal performance mods on it? No. Will it in a similar vehicle beat it? No. Is that going to stop us from "Customizing" what we love? No.

If you want to surprise the hell out of them for the sheer thrill of excitement, then you know what to do. Build your wallet; build your motor; build a turbo or whipple charger setup for higher than 10 psi of boost; fix the trans; and get coilovers or other suspension upgrades; and run your shiz sucka. Done!

This about sums it up! Thank you.

Now we can close this thread or ban the OP for provoking all respected XR owners lol j/k :biggrin:

05tacx

Reaction score
Had the title been altered from inception, would this thread even have gone this route?

Aside from that, like any other vehicle that is pushed beyond it's concepted limits, you will find week links. Can't deny that. Take my truck for example. Take you all's transmissions for another. It is because of people like us, and them, who aren't satisfied with it being "good enough" or "stock", that make the progression for better parts and performance.

I couldn't agree more. Sometimes I think people forget that.

Super Werty

Reaction score
I think Doug needs to go to the track instead of assuming his truck will run 104-107 without nos. You cant talk without first having the slip. I proved my truck can run a good time in 100* weather, now its your turn.

Super Werty

Reaction score
1262095972_cat-fight.gif

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Unique-ness...

the more i think about that, i realize That's one helluva good reason...There are exactly zero trucks like mine...Like all of us, we all have one common passion, but with many different ways of making it unique. That's why we like all of our trucks so much, despite all the issues and better cars out there...The chances of me seeing another XR, let alone one as "unique" as mine, is next to none. :biggrin:

As for the time slip trap speed battle, that i cant wait to see how that turns out...
Just run your truck in less than perfect weather....if you run what you say, then more power to you, if you don't, then try the **** again!!!! We all wanna know what you'll run, dammit!!!! :top:

ntinhri

Reaction score
slips are slips, and I got the fastest...... Wasnt even perfect conditions.....LOL

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I think Doug needs to go to the track instead of assuming his truck will run 104-107 without nos. You cant talk without first having the slip. I proved my truck can run a good time in 100* weather, now its your turn.

I plan on it, and I will do it with out removing a single component from the truck; it will be run in full street trim on pump gas.

I welcome anyone to race who is in the area as well. :top:

Plain and simple Boost + Nitrous > Boost, thats the bottom line, if you don't think so I don't know what to tell you.

slips are slips, and I got the fastest...... Wasnt even perfect conditions.....LOL

What were the conditions?

Not 90s I bet :laugh:

Edit:

Here are the weather conditions for your track on the date you ran at the time you ran it:

scan0002-1.jpg

http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

April 10th, 8-9 PM

Looks like DA was OPTIMAL and the temperature was AWESOME

100 foot elevation, 50*F, 40% Humid, and a bar of 30.27 = a DA of somewhere around -800 to -1000 (off the top of my head)... That is pretty damn good if you ask me.

But I am suppose to run in the 90s with a +3000 DA so we can compare?

Tell me SteveO, what would have made those conditions better for you?

Not perfect conditions? Kick rocks you silly bastard rofl, I love you steve.

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't wait to dyno my truck in 3000+ DA conditions. See how it does in a worst case scenario.... Then again in better, when it is more optimum. Hehe

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I can't wait to dyno my truck in 3000+ DA conditions. See how it does in a worst case scenario.... Then again in better, when it is more optimum. Hehe

Go for it!

When I dynod it was in the 70s, the correction factor almost had no correction because it was so close to spec. :laugh:

I think SAE is 78*F?

Super Werty

Reaction score
I have to agree with DS on those ntinhri conditions being pretty much perfect. But then again, I would take advantage of those conditions too if I could.:biggrin:

but all Im saying is I want to see what you can run now DS, then go back in winter and show us if you can shave off a tenth or 2

this thread is out of control:laugh:

Oblivious

Reaction score
clean. for the price not bad at all. still rather have a Cobra my self. would be more impressive if it was the 6 speed manual. any body can floor it. ILU Will!

I own a 2011 5.0 Premium with Brembo brakes and Pirelli P Zero tires. It has a 6 speed. Also, whipple is coming out with a kit that at 7 PSI runs 650hp with EVERYTHING else stock but the blower. With new rods this engine will be a monster. It was built with everything taken into consideration.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I have to agree with DS on those ntinhri conditions being pretty much perfect. But then again, I would take advantage of those conditions too if I could.:biggrin:

but all Im saying is I want to see what you can run now DS, then go back in winter and show us if you can shave off a tenth or 2

this thread is out of control:laugh:

lol going from 90s to high 40s is gonna be a huge difference

3% per 10*F to be somewhat exact.

If it was high 70s to low 80s id go for it, i don't even run it hard on the road in the 90s; im pushing the limits as is.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
I own a 2011 5.0 Premium with Brembo brakes and Pirelli P Zero tires. It has a 6 speed. Also, whipple is coming out with a kit that at 7 PSI runs 650hp with EVERYTHING else stock but the blower. With new rods this engine will be a monster. It was built with everything taken into consideration.

this is the part i love... 5.0L + Whipple = ****ing in my pants

X-roller

Reaction score
Oh now I see, I just dont have the facts like you do.

:top: It's alright. Some of us have facts because we are willing to dig into it to find them unlike others read what they want and think what they want. I didn't say I ported them. I just said I ported my headers.... Does that mean I did it? Please read that carefully as I see you aren't the sharpest one in the community. :laugh: In comparison to what I have heard from non-ported headers.... Yes it did help quite a bit with the rasp which I ended up doing to my buddy's xr. It's not hard to do. I even gave you credit after you posted your post. :top: I give credit where it's deserved whether or not you wanna be a d*ck about it. :biggrin: I'll still be the better guy and just give credit. I wasn't about to post up Super Werty Ported my headers.... I dunno if you are part of that community... I just said I ported my headers.

Ok, so you are around $2000 on just your trans. What if it breaks again? You would need more custom parts to fix it. I think the stock trans could be decent if a few design flaws were fixed, but the cost in doing so is going to be higher because the parts aren't as readily available as something like the T56.
I bought a T56 for $400 and getting it rebuilt for hopefully $800 parts and labor. $1200 and I have a trans proven to hold power and take serious abuse. Plus if I need parts they are very easy to come by.
Sure there are a lot of other costs with the swap. But the trans isn't the biggest expense, for me anyway.

That is what I was talking about though. The t56 swap bell housing is an arm and a leg on top of the trans. It's well worth the money if you have it but for those that are willing to find a cheaper alternative by taking the time to do so then I will easily take on the task.

Oblivious

Reaction score
Also, an intake and tune adds 44hp & 52 ft/lbs of torque on the 5.0, and not to mention INCREDIBLY improved throttle response.

Top Bottom