Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

new at this need some advice

red tex x

Reaction score
just joined today. have owned my x for two years now and love it. I think I have finally convinced the wife to let me put some money back into the x. I was wanting to know what are some of the best performance upgrades I can make for cheap, not looking to s/c or anything that extreme. just want a little more power over stock and need some help on where to start. My ride is completely stock. All advice is welcome and will be considered. thanx

red tex x

Reaction score
Very small.lol. Could afford some of the cheaper add ons like a cold air intake, short throw shifter etc. etc. Not trying to tear anything up. Just want to liven her up a bit. I would love to do something like a supercharger kit, but there is not a snowball's chance in hell my ole lady will let me spend that much

red tex x

Reaction score
yeah. been to the urd site just don't know a good place to start.

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
Welcome to the family. Cold air intake, headers with free flow exhaust. After if you have money left you check out XII performance for the suspension upgrades. Now you're broke. Have fun doing it, I did.

on to the neXt

Reaction score
I started with the tcai and short shifter, then got the short shifter modded by coupe and it made a world of difference in the feel of the truck, that's where I would start

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground! :top:

Good and relatively cheap starting mods would be the Short Shift Kit and Intake (Afe or URD TCAI).

hrspwr236

Reaction score
CAI with MAF Calibrator and exhaust system should be number one on the shopping list.

PHXDakRt

Reaction score
CAI with MAF Calibrator and exhaust system should be number one on the shopping list.

If you're on a budget that is the way to go. You get the nice power gain but you also get that giggly, happy feeling when you open the throttle and you hear the intake breathing!

Kookla

Reaction score
If u want ur shifter to feel amazing and really shorten ur shifts with nice crisp engagement, get the urd short shifter. Amazing product, especially compared to the price of others! And urd is a fantastic company for anything! Their parts are very high quality, and their service is second to none!!! If u talk to them, they will point u in the right direction aswell.

Top Bottom