Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New Coupe's Deep Oil Pan & OEM Toyota LED Tail Lights

sixstringdave

Reaction score
$1100 for an oil pan? Holy crap thats a lot. Im sure its a nice piece, but damn!

You got other parts that came off it? Or is that it?

GLWS

Coupe

Reaction score
The oil pan is baffled and helps keep your engine properly feed with oil when your slamming into the curves. If you do a little search on this web site, there are several people that have fried engines due to the crappy oil pan on the X-runners.

This particular pan is machined out of a solid billet.

I also have a cheaper fix with a baffled oil pan spacer. Not as cool as the oil pan, but about 1/3 the price.

At any rate, either option is cheaper than a new engine.

Good luck with the sale!

Coupe

Reaction score
I am not sure what the upper oil pan on the 4Runner looks like. If it is the same as an X-Runner, then it should work.

If not, it may require you to swap the upper pan off an X-Runner.

sixstringdave

Reaction score
The oil pan is baffled and helps keep your engine properly feed with oil when your slamming into the curves. If you do a little search on this web site, there are several people that have fried engines due to the crappy oil pan on the X-runners.

This particular pan is machined out of a solid billet.

I also have a cheaper fix with a baffled oil pan spacer. Not as cool as the oil pan, but about 1/3 the price.

At any rate, either option is cheaper than a new engine.

Good luck with the sale!

I didnt mean nothing by it. I know you do quality stuff man.

Coupe

Reaction score
I didnt mean nothing by it. I know you do quality stuff man.

No offense taken. I know the pan is expensive.

Over the years, I have been surprised that more people buy the oil pan than the spacer.

STONER-X

Reaction score
Doesn't fit the 4Runner?

No it won't. ..

The 4 runner has a different oil pan upper pan which contains a different lower pan which this one replaces... i am actually running the upper and lower pan off of a 4 runner... you won't need this mod... that oil pan should be good just won't have the extra capacity or baffles

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
To add, 4Runner's, FJ's, and 4x4 Tacoma's all have the same upper and lower pans. Which is different from the XR's upper and lower pans.

To be honest, the best overall, minus not clearing a front differential, the XR pan with Coupe's lower pan is the best. Most capacity and baffled. Second is the XR upper with the spacer. As it is still more capacity and has somewhat a baffle trap. I believe it is around 7 quarts capacity with those.

Top Bottom