Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New Ebay Headlights.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Hmmm.... not bad, not bad at all ! But $200.... dang it, why do I have to be such a friggin' cheapskate... this truck (and this site) are becoming an extremely expensive habit to keep up with ! :biggrin:

Tell me about it, when these days, my fiance is going to get fed up with it and not let me buy parts anymore, so far she has been great, i just dont want to pass that line, i just need to calm down and not look at anything

G-forcexl

Reaction score
I put mine in today. Have not rain tested them yet. I hope mine dont fog, but if they do I'll be glad I bought insurance.
Img_4622.jpg

IMG_4628.jpg

Knight Runner

Reaction score
Looks perfect!

For the foogy lamps, for sure tell the seller the problem right away don't wait.:top:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You guys need to put clear silicone all the way around the seal right when you receive these lights. That should hopefully fix the problem. I baked mine and put a solid bead of silicone all the way around and have never had a problem.

xxCLMxx

Reaction score
I was goin to but i was afraid if they still yet leaked I couldnt send them back. But I'm going to try an get another drivers side an see how it does. If it leaks I'll put silicone around the seal. I wonder how these lights will hold up in the oven?

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
Mine fog up everytime it rains and the humidity is high..... and i have oem headlamps with nothng done to them

project-c2

Reaction score
Buy the ones from SaberSport. I drove in down pouring rain and not one leak. The humidiy in HI is always in the 60-70s. So I vouch for them. Great for retrofits too. Just gotta wait for them to show up, it's like he only brings in 10 @ a time to sell. was 224 shipped to HI.

project-c2

Reaction score
I was goin to but i was afraid if they still yet leaked I couldnt send them back. But I'm going to try an get another drivers side an see how it does. If it leaks I'll put silicone around the seal. I wonder how these lights will hold up in the oven?

Pretty good. I took them apart for the retro, but the sealant they use is harder than the Toyota stuff, so get 2 screwdrivers ready to go. Needs 2 people. TRUST ME. I filled the entire channel with silicone, apparently they don't like going back together after seperation.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
I put mine in today. Have not rain tested them yet. I hope mine dont fog, but if they do I'll be glad I bought insurance.
Img_4622.jpg

IMG_4628.jpg

That is a nice looking tacoma, that may be one of our next big purchases looks great, love the light bar

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Werty how are yours holding up??? Haven't heard many good things about these lights...anyone get them replaced??? I really want these but I want nothing to do with the hassle of buying something that I'm just gonna have to send back.

xxCLMxx

Reaction score
I can deal with the beam pattern for the looks. Its not good but it aint really bad either. If they replace one of mine without a hassle an try to do the right thing I could recommend them to someone looking for an option other than baking the oem's.

Super Werty

Reaction score
Werty how are yours holding up??? Haven't heard many good things about these lights...anyone get them replaced??? I really want these but I want nothing to do with the hassle of buying something that I'm just gonna have to send back.

Perfect so far....no rain yet, but had a few frosty mornings with zero fog up

10% chance of rain tomorrow...well see

btw, I think the new bulbs that came with it are brighter than stock....I can see better at night now:dontknow: :rock:

and I havent had any weird beams of light in weird directions either...I dont see how that could happen seeing as they are a exact replica of the stockers...and the blacked out areas have absolutely nothing to do with how the light projects onto a background.

the quality of the lights is perfect...its no different than stock....some of you will see them at the tucson meet and youll see what im saying

Super Werty

Reaction score
well it rained today...pretty good amount too where I was...

my headlights are dry as a bone!:rock:

G-forcexl

Reaction score
Img_4622.jpg

IMG_4628.jpg

Well, I hate to quote my own post, but the lights in the pictures are for sale. After one of them fogged up I uninstalled them. To tell you the truth I wasn't completely sold on the BHLM on my truck and liked the factory look better. So my loss is your gain.

I paid $230 for these shipped. I'll sell them for $150 shipped obo.

run some silicone around the seal for good measure and you've saved yourself some cash.

06lttaco

Reaction score
well it rained today...pretty good amount too where I was...

my headlights are dry as a bone!:rock:
Did you run silicone around them before you put them on or just bolt them in? these ones are way better with the smoked lenses

Super Werty

Reaction score
Did you run silicone around them before you put them on or just bolt them in? these ones are way better with the smoked lenses

no, but I did check the entire seal for holes before I put them on...I didnt see any so I decided they would be good to go...and they were:biggrin:

they look sweet!

06lttaco

Reaction score
no, but I did check the entire seal for holes before I put them on...I didnt see any so I decided they would be good to go...and they were:biggrin:

they look sweet!
do you remember what seller you bought them from? they do look sweet i must say.

Top Bottom