Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

new ebay projector headlights

Bobby B

Reaction score
will these work with my current Mucollough HID kit?

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Those are much better than the chrome ones and better from the originals

trd_sport

Reaction score
Hey they finally got these new ones in black housing. They are the best looking aftermarket ones yet IMO. I may try these eventually.:top:

Coopstain

Reaction score
So with these, all i ahve to do is put them on my truck and plug in? No HID kit required? It said on the item description nothin was needed and that it was just plug and play into stock. Is that right or am i a re- re lol

trd_sport

Reaction score
So with these, all i ahve to do is put them on my truck and plug in? No HID kit required? It said on the item description nothin was needed and that it was just plug and play into stock. Is that right or am i a re- re lol
I think this version just uses halogen bulbs. I think eventually they will have a HIDxenon version.

XDsm

Reaction score
Getting better. Now if only they would ditch the LEDs, Halos, and light bar and provide an HID optic they would be perfect.

Dallas

Reaction score
yes they plug in with no wire cutting. I have the chrome version, wish i had waited for the black ones, mine came from sabersport ebay, fast shipping!

Attachments

• heads.jpg
    heads.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 152

morcheez

Reaction score
i think i might want those:smile:...someone get them so i can make sure haha...why dont they ever have pics of them on a truck dangit :motz:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Getting closer to "my" liking.... just alittle more work and i would get a set..

BlackCat

Reaction score
mine came from sabersport ebay, fast shipping!

I think revotec and sabersport are both the same seller, they carry nearly identical inventories with identical prices.

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
yaeh i've seen those on ebay i really dont care for them to much, I like tl retros....

Beondwacko

Reaction score
Unless somebody here (or on another taco forum) can say without a doubt that the photometrics(projected light pattern) is as good or better than OEM would I even consider buying a set. I have seen some aftermarket headlights on other vehicles that may look nice, but work like poop.

I dig the seperate high beam, but I'm 50/50 on the angel eyes. The LED's are kinda cool too.

05runner

Reaction score
I think they look good. So as i read from the post up top you cant use HID kits with them. WHAT! Its a pure halogen set up. Well they look good to me never the less but i hope they get them to where they will can use HID lighting.:biggrin:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I seen a set of the orginal halo's at x-fest and the hid cut off with the projectors looked perfect.

06ATLBSP

"Snickers"
Reaction score
Getting better. Now if only they would ditch the LEDs, Halos, and light bar and provide an HID optic they would be perfect.

I agree. I think their headed in the right direction. Less is more.:top:

illmeg4fun

Reaction score
I know the older version like mine developed a HID set. but i cant find them.

XRYDER

Reaction score
I think this is the best set so far, ditch the LEDs and i would consider.

cycoclone

Reaction score
would the black match better with a white tacoma or should i go with chrome?

BlackCat

Reaction score
Well, they probably will work with HID's, but it looks like it has separate lamps for hi and lo beams. IF that's the case, a combined Hi/Lo HID bulb probably won't work so well in it. The HID retrofit kits (Autovizion, UED, TechOne, Kaixen, etc) rely upon a dual-zone reflector lamp assembly (i.e. the OEM lamps). Projectors work differently. It'll need two separate HID lo-beam only bulbs (one for the low beam lamp, the other for the high beam lamp).... I think ?? :dontknow:

I'd say contact the Ebay seller and ask them what kind of bulbs (9003, 9004, etc ?) it takes.

Top Bottom