Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New format

triumphx

Reaction score
While we're at it a tab that would allow us to see what threads we have posted in would be awesome. I've noticed sometimes people reply and it doesn't list it under the new posts tab, just a thought

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While we're at it a tab that would allow us to see what threads we have posted in would be awesome. I've noticed sometimes people reply and it doesn't list it under the new posts tab, just a thought

Best way to manage this is with subscriptions. If there is a thread you really want to follow, subscribe to it. Then when you come to XRU click on the "Your Account" button and any updates will be listed on that page.

Also, something I do, is setup my account to auto-subscribe to posts I reply to. That way I can see any updates, easily, on threads that I have responded to. You can do this by going to Your Account > Edit Options > Default Thread Subscription Mode > Set to No Email Notification. :top:

Regarding the layout changes - yes - most of them are to make the website more easily fit onto mobile devices such as iPhone and iPads. Its not a perfect system and I'm really hacking as best I can with (what can best be described as) an archaic website layout. Changes will come little by little but as the mods have stated, threads like this are the best way to get my attention so I know how its affecting the users. The goal is to make the experience more usable - not less - so feedback is good.

Changes may not be immediate but keep the feedback coming. I am listening.

dramad1

Reaction score
Forum runner allows you to update the page by dragging the screen down. You can also view who is online by going the the "more" tab on the bottom right. You can also use the search button from here.
What ever you have done to make it more mobile friendly, I'm diggin it and it works great. I'm able to read pm's unlike before, doesn't glitch very much anymore and seems more user friendly

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The goal is to hopefully do away with 3rd party applications like Forum Runner and just make the site more tablet/phone friendly. Let's face it, when XRU started, tablets didn't even exist.

I forgot to mention that it has everything to do with resolution. Elements are hidden (or moved) based on the maximum resolution of your device. Its called responsive web design. Like I said, some things will be harder than others because vBulletin still uses tables for all of its layout and responsive design doesn't like tables.

triumphx

Reaction score
Best way to manage this is with subscriptions. If there is a thread you really want to follow, subscribe to it. Then when you come to XRU click on the "Your Account" button and any updates will be listed on that page.

Also, something I do, is setup my account to auto-subscribe to posts I reply to. That way I can see any updates, easily, on threads that I have responded to. You can do this by going to Your Account > Edit Options > Default Thread Subscription Mode > Set to No Email Notification. :top:

Regarding the layout changes - yes - most of them are to make the website more easily fit onto mobile devices such as iPhone and iPads. Its not a perfect system and I'm really hacking as best I can with (what can best be described as) an archaic website layout. Changes will come little by little but as the mods have stated, threads like this are the best way to get my attention so I know how its affecting the users. The goal is to make the experience more usable - not less - so feedback is good.

Changes may not be immediate but keep the feedback coming. I am listening.
Oh I see, thanks man :top:

Top Bottom