Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New Member from Austin, TX........no truck yet : (

atxjax

Reaction score
Hi all,

Newbie here from Austin. Considering buying a X to replace my POS chevy Colorado that is giving me the draded crank but no start issue due to the stupid passlock system in it.

Here to collect info on if it's better to buy used or new. Also to learn about any mods and gotchas with these trucks.

any info you'd like to share I am all ears............Cheers guys.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground sir. Ask and you shall receive. :top:

atxjax

Reaction score
I dont mind getting used but in good shape. what years to stay away from......what is considered too many miles on these trucks?

Murderface

Reaction score
I dont mind getting used but in good shape. what years to stay away from......what is considered too many miles on these trucks?

It really depends on what u wanna do with the truck performance wise. If u plan on really throwing some power on it with a URD or TRD blower then I'd look for a 2005-08 year that way u can put a UCON on it which is plug and play, the 2009+ models have a different ECU plug which hasn't been released to be used for a UCON. U could always do what a couple people have done and get a PRO EFI controller and get a custom made harness which equals big money. Also the 2009+ models don't have a posi diff like the 2005-08 models have a clutch type diff.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. I believe there's 2 members on here selling there trucks. check em out.

nick_gz1

Reaction score
welcome to xru, what are you trying to do, or plans with the truck??

Top Bottom