Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New member need help.

oscarplatero93

Reaction score
I'm new to the X-runner world. I sold my 8th generation si and started craving for an x-runner. I have a 2008 red X-runner with 60,000 miles on it. It's stock all the way and the first thing I want to do is to put an intake, short-shifter, and do a sick drop. Than tune my truck. I need suggestions and what's the best for my truck.

rennurx

Reaction score
Do some searching around on the forum and I'm sure you will find all your answers. But check out urdusa.com..

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground. Be sure u check out the vendor threads for all your Xr needs!

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to Xru!

In order to help you with your modding need to know the following:
1) are you thinking to add boost at any point?
2) do you want to notch the frame?

3) for a SS hit up urdusa.com and then coupe(vendor in the vendor section) those two together make a sweet SS:top:

oscarplatero93

Reaction score
Welcome to Xru!

In order to help you with your modding need to know the following:
1) are you thinking to add boost at any point?
2) do you want to notch the frame?

3) for a SS hit up urdusa.com and then coupe(vendor in the vendor section) those two together make a sweet SS:top:

I was planning in getting an intake and a short shifter and then installing a 75 wt shot system. But I'm undecided tho.

I'm planning in getting the djm drop kit it comes with c-notch and all what I need but except the ball joints.

Thanks for the info.

autobodyX

Reaction score
Thanks I'm thinking in getting some parts from there but the short shifter I prefer trd
There is little difference between the two, the URD kit adds an extensuon to do the same job as the TRD for a lot less coin. The coupe mod is what really makes the big change! The top shifter is a coupe modded TRD and the lower is a stock with the URD kit.

8558702633_25a440cc3b.jpg

oscarplatero93

Reaction score
There is little difference between the two, the URD kit adds an extensuon to do the same job as the TRD for a lot less coin. The coupe mod is what really makes the big change! The top shifter is a coupe modded TRD and the lower is a stock with the URD kit.

So you prefer the trd instead of the urd. To me the price doesn't matter. Thanks for the info and the pic.

autobodyX

Reaction score
So you prefer the trd instead of the urd. To me the price doesn't matter. Thanks for the info and the pic.

I posted the pic to help show how each shifter is made, I have had both and personaly feel that they work the same. Many feel less parts = less failures and the Trd has less parts but is more money.
My bigger point was the Coupe mod. You can order either shifter form him. I traded a URD shifter for a TRD he modded and also baught a weighted shift knob and changed my lube to Redline mt-90 and have never looked back. There are alot of complaints on here about how crappy the trans is in the X but I have have the positive feel driving mine and am not afraid of shifting at amy speed or rps up or down and I do it most of the time without the clutch 3rd up to 6 and back down.

If you really want the B&M just wait, Coupe or someone else will have one up for sale soon. I would like to try one my self , but have been so happy with what I have I quit looking.

Gadget

Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground!!!

G

oscarplatero93

Reaction score
There is little difference between the two, the URD kit adds an extensuon to do the same job as the TRD for a lot less coin. The coupe mod is what really makes the big change! The top shifter is a coupe modded TRD and the lower is a stock with the URD

You prefer the trd better than the urd. To me the money isn't that much of a difference but ill go for the trd one. Thanks on the pic and the info.

I posted the pic to help show how each shifter is made, I have had both and personaly feel that they work the same. Many feel less parts = less failures and the Trd has less parts but is more money.
My bigger point was the Coupe mod. You can order either shifter form him. I traded a URD shifter for a TRD he modded and also baught a weighted shift knob and changed my lube to Redline mt-90 and have never looked back. There are alot of complaints on here about how crappy the trans is in the X but I have have the positive feel driving mine and am not afraid of shifting at amy speed or rps up or down and I do it most of the time without the clutch 3rd up to 6 and back down.

If you really want the B&M just wait, Coupe or someone else will have one up for sale soon. I would like to try one my self , but have been so happy with what I have I quit looking.

Ok thanks ill go for the trd for now. And thanks for your advice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom