Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New Member need suggestions

WildcatsEng

Reaction score
Hope you all doing good. Im new member to XRU about to buy a new XR. Im thinking to buy 2013 XR but i was wondering if anyone have idea if its possible to install a TRD S/C and CAI in the meantime. Will it pass the smog test?? I want to add mods as much as possible to the truck, so i was wondering if anyone can direct me or give me any suggestions to for mods. Money is not an object. Thanks.

X_Less

Reaction score
Welcome aboard... This question has been asked a few times as well as it being really recently (i think a few days) brought back up. And the answer is Yes... There is 2012-13 specific Intakes that relocate the little air pump and TRD Superchargers.

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=51724

To answer your smog question. I'm going to assume you also live in California since I think were the only ones who forcefully really worry about smog... A vehicle doesn't need to be smogged until it's at least 5 years old and then it needs to be smogged every 2-3 years (unless it's considered a gross polluter then it needs to be smogged yearly)... So you can get away with doing whatever you want for a while. With the TRD S/C I believe you can still smog it since it is sold under Toyota and most smog tech's don't really care/know that much about it, Some people even think the X-Runners come Supercharged stock... The intake however, Since TRD intakes don't fit the 2012-13 you'll have to get either a URD, Airraid or Volant intake where none of them offer a CARB EO number/decal to make it legal for street use in California. So I would recommend you just hang on to your stock intake for as long as you own the truck and just swap it back on for a day when it gets called in for smog at 5 years old... It's a few simple bolts and screws.

Miami_X

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! I agree with everything X_Less just said. I have a 2012 with a TRD S/C and an afe Stage II CAI - having moved the air pump along side the power steering reservoir. I just replaced the stock muffler with a Magnaflow 12255 and installed a set of Doug Thorley Long Tube headers. Two other must-do mods are the URD Short Shifter (it will make the loooong shifter throws much shorter and crisper) and install a set of QA1 shocks in the rear. A 2" Street drop Kit from XII Performance will give your truck the aggressive stance it should have come with from the factory.

Good luck with your new truck. You've come to the right place for modding ideas and advice.

cd246aa8.jpg

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Check out our vendor section. Two companies that are pure performance(Dezod and URD), two for handling and ride height, Lightsource and Flyeyez for lighting, and many more for interior/exterior needs.

Ask away. We are here to help. :top:

TurboTrck

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. There is a lot of knowledge here, I am sure we can get you going in the right direction.

WildcatsEng

Reaction score
Thank you guys for your time, respond, and your helpful information. i really appreciate it. Im glad to be a member in this site. I was busy the last couple days so excuse me for the late reply.

nick_gz1

Reaction score
Welcome, and like xless said if your in cali you should be fine, once you start looking into headers and y pipe is when you gotta start worrying if it will pass smog or not. Go to LA you can find anyone to smog it! Any hole in the wall will probably smog it for a lil extra $$$:top:

Reaction score
Welcome.

The TRD supercharger is 50 state legal. The new crappy TRD intake is also 50 state legal.

Top Bottom