Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Braking Bad

Reaction score
Hi all

I bought an 06 X runner about a month ago. I'm from MASS where most people think 2wd pick ups are useless. The first thing that I did was replace the chrome 20"s with summer tires with oem 15"s and studded winter tires. these will be a lot better for rally cross in the snow. I plan on selling the 20"s and buying 18"s. But I did like the 275 tires so i might go wider than the stock 18" X 8".

I also realized that one of the previous owners replaced the rear shocks with some KYBs that were for a regular 2wd taco. I quickly did some research on XRU and then bought some QA1s. Big difference the 20"s were still on the truck at that point and they made alot less noise over bumps (they were not coming off the road and then crashing back into it) and there was not as much axle hop when the rear tires spun in place... that happens some times... :).

Some after market things that the x came with that I do like are the B&M shifter, bluetooth cd player, and roll up tonneau cover.

I will be looking around XRU while at the same time trying not to spend too much on mods.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground!
Have fun, but stay safe driving in the snow! :top:

OOsoBlueX09

Reaction score
Welcome man and being from RI originally myself I hear you with the snow, but surprisingly these trucks arent to bad in it.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride, and welcome to the Underground.
Good choice in getting some snow tires on that thing. I've driven mine every winter since 05 and with good snow tires, and a few hundred pounds of weigh in the bed it gets around excellent in the snow.

Murderface

Reaction score
I wish I saw enough snow to warrant spending the money on snow tires.

Welcome aboard

madtrucker

Reaction score
The X is a great, fun truck no matter where you live. Welcome to the Underground.

nick_gz1

Reaction score
Welcome to XRU! Good lucking on not spending that much lol

Braking Bad

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I did get a chance to drive it in the snow and had no problem going up steep hills or doing donuts.

autobodyX

Reaction score
Hi all

I bought an 06 X runner about a month ago. I'm from MASS where most people think 2wd pick ups are useless. The first thing that I did was replace the chrome 20"s with summer tires with oem 15"s and studded winter tires. these will be a lot better for rally cross in the snow. I plan on selling the 20"s and buying 18"s. But I did like the 275 tires so i might go wider than the stock 18" X 8".

Some after market things that the x came with that I do like are the B&M shifter, bluetooth cd player, and roll up tonneau cover.

I will be looking around XRU while at the same time trying not to spend too much on mods.

Wider tires are better for track events but hell on the paint., look into getting a better locker like a Detroit trutrac, it willl help more! Welcome to the Underground. My useless 2wd truck pisses off sports cars at the track every time I go.

Top Bottom