Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New Personal Best 1/4 mile time. 13.?

SIK X

Reaction score
First.. this is what i have on my truck..
900hp Capable turbo kit on Stock Un-Flashed ECU and stock injectors @ 5psi. making 315hp 360trq
Fuel pump
ACT clutch
DOT drag radials 275/60/15 Mickey Thompson
And thats it!
my previous best was a 14.0 during texfest event. I had no trans problems then. and on stock clutch and tires.
I was getting very upset Saturday cause my trans would not let me in 2nd gear. It seemed the harder i launched it the worse it was. During normal driving conditions it shifts just fine. My shifts were very slow (if at all) and i started launching softer so that it would go in gear. Maybe some of you would know more about this. I Know i need a traction bar, and while im at it im going to make stiffer motor mounts. We think that cause the motor, trans and rear end were shaking so hard it was locking me out of 2nd. I dunno, Im going to add these parts and see if im still getting the same problem with my drag tires. On my stock tires, this does Not happen.
Otherwise I guess im still happy with these numbers. 13.8 was my best, with 1.9 60ft. One of my runs i did get a 1.72 60ft, but i got locked out of 2nd. Without the trans issue I know I could have done a 13.4 or .5. maybe next time.
So my question to the XRU crowd......
Do you think stiffining up everything will help my trans shift?
And Am I the fastest XRunner on stock un-flashed ecu?
23hak3m.jpg

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Oh man get me some engine mounts PLEASE. Looks good overall. We r so lackin in the engine mount department for sure though.

lvxr

Reaction score
nice run. must be nice to be in the 13s.

So my question to the XRU crowd......
Do you think stiffining up everything will help my trans shift?
And Am I the fastest XRunner on stock un-flashed ecu?

I don't think vibration is ur problelm. the trans is. i can't remember exactly what was explained to me, but when i took my original trans to a transmission-repair-shop, they explained to me why it sucks, and why i was having such a hard time shifting. Something about gears not lining up, and stuff expanding at higher rpms. not exactly much help, but for the life of me i can't remember any details.

IMO if u wanna go fast, like sub-12-seconds fast, the trans has got to go...

Last edited:

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
what psi did you pump your front and rear tires up to for your runs? you want your rears low and your fronts high!

nice run. must be nice to be in the 13s.

I don't think vibration is ur problelm. the trans is. i can't remember exactly what was explained to me, but when i took my original trans to a transmission-repair-shop, they explained to me why it sucks, and why i was having such a hard time shifting. Something about gears not lining up, and stuff expanding at higher rpms. not exactly much help, but for the life of me i can't remember any details.

IMO if u wanna go fast, like sub-12-seconds-fast, the trans has got to go...

agreed! if the trans is not allowing you to launch hard into second your probably a good .3 seconds slower than you could be or even more for all i know :dontknow:

Last edited:

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
With those trap speeds and a 1.72 60ft and smooth shifting I could see a 13.4-13.5. You have to be the quickest stock flashed stock injector X.

Miami_X

Reaction score
Very impressive! 13.8 is awesome on a stock ECU and injectors! I was dabbling at the track a few weeks ago and was introduced to the wheel-hop/soft-mounts shimmey. I couldn't launch as hard as I used to in my Lightning, so I couldn't run worth a damn. Next mod is Caltrac traction bars. I know I'm making enough power for a 13 second run, I just need to learn how to launch this truck to get there.

Thanks for the inspiration. Keep us informed on your search for stiffer engine/trans mounts.

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
The best time I could muster was a 13.6 at 102.73 with a 2.08 60'. Best 60 I could get that night was a 1.9, damn skinny tires. best trap speed I hit was a 104, so I know you can do it with those issues worked out.

SIK X

Reaction score
Thanks for the inspiration. Keep us informed on your search for stiffer engine/trans mounts.

I wont have to look too far.. i see a pile of metal and a tig welder right next to me.lol and ill let yall know when i got extras.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
With those trap speeds and a 1.72 60ft and smooth shifting I could see a 13.4-13.5. You have to be the quickest stock flashed stock injector X.

If he ran a 13.4...that would be knocking on the door of my trucks time....but with stock injector:rockon:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
That would be the quickest: stock ecu, stock injectors, 5 psi single turbo XR to date. Have to double check in the Quickest Fastest XR thread.

SIK X

Reaction score
If he ran a 13.4...that would be knocking on the door of my trucks time....but with stock injector:rockon:

im guessing your at 8psi... so im almost half the amount of boost... I dont think it is going to happen on this trans. well see

SIK X

Reaction score
Heres the video of me at the track

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdsrRKVzqh8[/ame]

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
im guessing your at 8psi... so im almost half the amount of boost... I dont think it is going to happen on this trans. well see

I believe that he is at ~ 9.xx psi. Maaaaaaaybe 10

Looks like you could have used a little more time warming them up. And or getting used to them as well. A few more practices and I bet you could be a 13.5.

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score

Looks like you could have used a little more time warming them up. And or getting used to them as well. A few more practices and I bet you could be a 13.5.

Nope, i was a 6.5, 7 on a good day. This was day after i instaled the TRD blower at Texfest 2011... So i was learning how to drive my truck, all over again... Im at 8-8.5 psi now, with the addtion of the NST lower pullies, AND truck is also gutted, stronger clutch, UCON and other mods... Havent been down the 1/4 since...

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I was only referring to now. Not when you went down the track. But I thought you had the URD pulley and the NST pulley on?

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Now I do, back then I did not. I only see 8.5 psi. But remember, I have gen 2 long tubes, a 2.5" ypipe (no restrictions) straight to a 3" collector. My Exhaust is VERY free flowing.

Psi of boost is just restriction to flow...

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
I only saw about 7 ish with the NST lowers and gen 1 DT's with same basic exhaust as Kevin. But, more importantly, looking forward to see what this does with more boost/injectors/tuning/motor mounts!

SIK X

Reaction score

I know right.. even with those crappy burnouts i did a 1.7 60ft. I know I could do a 1.6 if i get them a little warmer. But it does take some getting use to on tires like that.lol

I only saw about 7 ish with the NST lowers and gen 1 DT's with same basic exhaust as Kevin. But, more importantly, looking forward to see what this does with more boost/injectors/tuning/motor mounts!
you and me both man. I just hope after i turn the boost up and put in new mounts that my trans will let me in 2nd after a hard launch. well see.

Top Bottom