Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New Product Teaser

BondXII

Reaction score
Hmm this got me thinking, my 3" exhaust already hits the axle on large bumps. How bad is it going to be after I drop it with coilovers and mono leafs...

Is your 3" exhaust "custom"? Your axle shouldn't be hitting the exhaust (with or without the drop). If you got a shop to fab this exhaust for you, it sounds like they did not follow the arc of the stock exhaust as they routed it over your axle.

X-roller

Reaction score
^^beat me too it... I have ran 3" with the mono leafs no problem

Phil Dammit

Reaction score
Hmm this got me thinking, my 3" exhaust already hits the axle on large bumps. How bad is it going to be after I drop it with coilovers and mono leafs...

There is plenty of room to route it out before the axle, check out my build thread on how I did it.

kcidmil

Reaction score
Yeah its custom, I'll have to look under there again but I'm pretty sure when I was under there doing my clutch there wasn't much room left. Of course Utah road are garbage and I only hit on large ruts in the road... Which is just about 2 every 1/4 mile... Lol

I looked at my pics from the install... My monster of a tip is what caused a few problems and the shop had to adjust the piping angles to get it to look right.

I'll probably just have to take it back in after I install the drop and make them rework the piping.

Here's the pictures of my tip so you have an idea what the shop had to work with. It's a massive diesel tip, 4" inlet 4"x8" opening cut at roughly 45 degrees.

418368_313466765376783_1185644402_n.jpg

423451_313466848710108_990517836_n.jpg

Last edited:

X-roller

Reaction score
Any idea on how much longer?? My build is progressing but my suspension is not. :frown: I'm about to buy struts because I can't deal with the weak current ones anymore. Test dummy #2 available here!

burnboy

Reaction score
Yeah just drop this shit already. We want it and patience sux. Lol. Notice I added the lol. But on the real, this needs to happen thanx

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
haha ya a lot of us desperately waiting for a when and how much!??? :dontknow:

Redline

Reaction score
August 11 I have an auto cross event! The waiting is killing me lol

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
^^^ if those are in your possession I really hate you right now!!

Those look siiiiccckkk

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Agh well you caught me being lazy as I do check this thread often but not the op...

And smart ass, why are you pretty sure.... Where's the doubt??? After checking back defiantely from op....

Last edited:

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
I didn't look. I just remembered what the pic looked like :eviltongue:

BondXII

Reaction score
You guys are funny.

As for a quick update. I had one of those operator error moments requiring a self induced face palm. The last conversation on the phone with these Porsche guys had me tell them to hold off briefly so that we could triple check any potential other clearance issues that may occur from the “new ideas” and design changes. All is good with the way we are going to go with revision h, or however many times we’ve changes things already. (Aren’t you glad this isn’t your money being spent on all of this R&D?) So I sent them an email giving them the green light and move forward. Yesterday, I call down there to see how things are going since I hadn’t heard anything in awhile.

Well…here’s the operator error. I have apparently sent the “green light” email to a wrong address, (face palm) He has been waiting for this the whole time, for us to say one way or the other. He was actually going to call us soon to see what the deal was. Go figure. Anyways, after our conversations yesterday, we are back on again and hopefully won’t be long before the last step…getting the kits together.

Once it’s all ironed out and we have set prices (group buy and final process), we will put together a list of new and improved kits, similar to the Street Drop, Performance, and Track Ready kits we offer now for those that are going from completely stock to a coilover set up.

As always, thanks for everyone’s patience and stay tuned for more suspension goodness. :blurock:

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Thanks for the update!! It's getting closer!! In buying a bbk soon and after I recoup from that these are definitely on my list!

X-roller

Reaction score
Awesome. Thank you kindly for the update. Ill hold off on my struts and wait for these. :top:

Top Bottom