Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

new rear end in....

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
title says it all, i got the new 3rd member in.

So...Good news first, with the factory LSD in there, and Red-line Heavy duty Shock proof gear oil, the diff locks great. I have the 75/90NS, arriving tomorrow. Im going to try that, and hopefully that will help with half or so of the equation...:dontknow:

now that bad. I cant drift her worth a shit.... Every technique that i use to use with my welded diff, no longer applies...my truck feel entirely different...:thumbdown: I cant slide her worth a shit, tried a transition, and spun out instantly... everything feels entirely wrong. I hates it. Very unpredictable. because our diff only locks under acceleration, transitions are going to be, by far the hardest thing to relearn. Because the diff unlocks when i let off, i have to try and teach my self to stay on the gas part way and keep the clutch plates locked, other wise, im facing the opposite direction almost instantly...:thumbdown:

So...i need to relearn how to drift my truck, and get used to it before October 16th, so i don't got and embarrass my self out there, and let all you guys down. And of course, my self...:frown:

Im contemplating ordering a spool...:rolleyez:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
weld that biatch :blurock:, the last one handled the abuse for awhile. Use the time this one lasts to save for a 2-way

monies

Reaction score
do they even make a spool for the 8.4? i have two open diff's, i can weld them if you would like? 70 p/shipping

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Careful drifting this thing with that awesome oil pan baffling.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
do they even make a spool for the 8.4? i have two open diff's, i can weld them if you would like? 70 p/shipping

I looked on 4wheelparts.com to see if they did. It would be best to call.

Careful drifting this thing with that awesome oil pan baffling.

A hair over 5 qts. keeps things safe. :)

Last edited:

butters607

Reaction score
I looked on 4wheelparts.com to see if they did. It would be best to call.

A hair over 5 qts. keeps things safe. :)

How about an oil cooler with a capacity of 6.5! I don't know.if anyone else has done it yet?

sdxrunner619

Reaction score

Do they still have the bearings pressed on? I'll take not welded if yah don't mind, i have a shop that i have do this. have no idea on your welding skills, no offense..:smile:

monies

Reaction score
Do they still have the bearings pressed on? I'll take not welded if yah don't mind, i have a shop that i have do this. have no idea on your welding skills, no offense..:smile:

thats all good i understand i am the same way if i have someone else do work. pm sent

STONER-X

Reaction score
How about an oil cooler with a capacity of 6.5! I don't know.if anyone else has done it yet?

extra oil in the system wont keep it in the pan where it is needed.... :thumbdown: that is why mark said to overfill it a tad... and that is why coupe is making the larger oil pans to keep the oil where it is needed the most.. :smile:

Top Bottom