Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New Retros Finally Installed

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
Dam im looking to do this... would you or Mixplate_xr do the install for me?
Send me a pm and I can let you know the details

looking nice!!
good choice on the retros.
ive been running the morimoto mini d2s for over a 1yr now. no problems at all! :top:
did u get the philips d2s bulbs? or ur just running the morimoto bulbs?
i would recommened upgrading tothe philps d2s bulbs those are way brighter! and u will see the difference!

I was thinking about upgrading also, any chance you got a comparison shot?

Last edited:

absolut

Reaction score
so when u buy these its just the projectors or does it come with the whole head light?
i've been waiting for a good set of projectors myself just waiting on a good company to make them.

Toon714

Reaction score
so when u buy these its just the projectors or does it come with the whole head light?
i've been waiting for a good set of projectors myself just waiting on a good company to make them.

they just come with 2 projectors, 2 PnP hid D2s ballast, 2 bulbs.
u have to use ur own headlights to do the retros.
u have to install them yourself. which i did. pretty ez to do. or pay to get them installed.

Scarface

Reaction score
Yo!!! These things look NAAAASTYYYYYY SOOOOOON!!!! Lol, Couldn't resist myself. What happened to the fish vendor who would do headlamp installs? pretty sure he'd make bank putting these together for people.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Scarface said:
Yo!!! These things look NAAAASTYYYYYY SOOOOOON!!!! Lol, Couldn't resist myself. What happened to the fish vendor who would do headlamp installs? pretty sure he'd make bank putting these together for people.

They are very easy to do....hell I'll put them together for whoever wants it

trdguykc

Reaction score
Not meaning to thread jack, but depending on the kit ordered from Retrofitsource, it can be a very easy install or a tough install. I went with the FXR kit...... not PNP, required cutting and mounting with hardware. The Morimoto Mini's are nice because there is not any cutting.... the cutoff just isnt as pretty. Here is my FXR set.

028-1.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

J

JDUB916

Forgive me for not understanding, but what is a retro fit? You open the headlight and install a projector? I checked out that massive retrofit site, but I am a little bit lost as to what we can do to our trucks, the process, the benefit. Is there some place i can find this if not this thread? Im curious if Id rather do this than the BHLM. The white truck above looks sick. Can you do HALOS?

thelonedriver

Reaction score
do you have a write up on how you wired up your Halos?? i was thinking of wiring it to my DTRL but i didn't really like the idea of splicing wires..

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
do you have a write up on how you wired up your Halos?? i was thinking of wiring it to my DTRL but i didn't really like the idea of splicing wires..

the way to do that would be to splice/tap it. Unless you run your own separate switch

Scarface

Reaction score
I tried to get them off of him but I never got a response to The pms or emails.

Top Bottom