Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New to XR-Underground

gbrivera

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, everyone! As a short introduction, my name is Gilberto Rivera and I live in Humble, TX. I moved to TX about two years ago and I am a welder/fabricator. I have always liked designing my own modifications for my automobiles and motorcycles. The Xrunner I have now I got almost by accident. I was looking for a 4x4 Tacoma, but I could not seem to find the right one. One day as I was driving along I saw this one parked in an auto lot. I asked for the details on it. It’s a 2008 Xrunner RR with 66,000 miles. I just thought "this is the one". Since then I have had six months of great entertainment doing all kinds of projects on it to make it even more perfect. I have thought of sharing my modifications for autos/trucks, but once I saw how darn expensive modifications really were I decided that everyone ought to have access to good stuff. And finding a site like this, I realize that there is a whole community of people out there that love modifying our "toys" just like me, but without breaking out bank accounts. After all, we still need money to take our ladies out for dinner (so we don't have to keep hearing complaints about how much money we're spending on that dang truck!; her words, not mine).

Currently I have modified the front brakes of the Xrunner. I installed Tundra calipers and 345mm rotors. Then I installed a stainless steel bracket that I manufactured in my own shop which I have considered making available very soon through this website. I am just waiting on a few more details on how to do that.

The next upgrades that I would like to design for the Xrunner would be the rear brakes, intake, exhaust, etc. I can't wait to fabricate some stuff made out of super high quality materials in order to get the best performance out of her that I can with the longest life possible.

For anyone that has a suggestion about what else I can do or if you have any questions for me, please let me know! If you're also looking for low-cost ways to get very high-quality modifications for your vehicle, definitely contact me. I have a lot of ideas.

Thank you so much,

Gilberto Rivera:top:

shane881510

Reaction score
Welcome and look forward to what u do next. I also fab most of my own mods. I did my exhaust all but the headers. And made my own intake.. I have limited tools but I do what I can. The brake job u did was nice. A lot of interest there.

Darkside-X

Reaction score
Thanks for joining the underground. Keep us posted on your ideas.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground. Happy to have you. Look forward to working with you on the brake brackets!

gbrivera

Staff member
Reaction score
Question for Shane, what diameter did you use for the exhaust, Im thinking to make mine 2.5 on each side with a dual exit tips under the xcab right side door, for the header im going to buy the header flange with 1.5 tubbing 3 to 1 into the test pipe or catalyst .

joshxrmora

Reaction score
welcome Gilberto, glad to see my lady isn't the only one :argh::motz:

shane881510

Reaction score
I use 2.5" for the equal length y pipe. And 3" all the way out the back from the y pipe collector. Idk if u can just buy a header flange or not. U can get them made. I had a set made. Never used them. Easyer to just buy headers for me.

Saltnpeppe11

Reaction score
Welcome Cant wait to get my hands on some of those brackets. Your BBK looks awesome~!

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
Welcome Gilberto from TX. This is a good place to find just about anything you want to know about the X-Runner and make you spend lots of money.

gbrivera

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm also anxious to show the brackets, but soon they will be here. I'm becoming a vendor... Thanks

Top Bottom