Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New windshield

FireB

Reaction score
Just got my windows replaced by a local window company that has good quality glass.
I had a bullseye type of crack that was almost like a gunshot that did not make the to the other side of the window.
Finally after 1.5 years bit the bullet and replaced it before the winter.

window.jpg

Price was $$270 all inclusive.
I thought it was a great deal around the tri-state.
Try not to prove me wrong because I feel good about the price right now. LOL

XRUNNAH808

Reaction score
Nice and from looking at the pictures that's pretty high quality windshield.

rennurx

Reaction score
I just had mine replaced twice. I broke the first one and insurance had it replaced. And that one was a bad batch and had bubbles in the laminete so I had it replaced again. No its perfect.

Its always nice the first few days having a completely clear window. Until it gets dirty again haha..

FireB

Reaction score
Nice and from looking at the pictures that's pretty high quality windshield.

That's encouraging words to hear!
I always thought Safelite was the way to go but the AAA Members Deal had a $30 coupon for this so I jumped the gun.
I'm sure there are local window shops that has like $150 windows but...I really don't want to feel worried with the under-quality of windshield if you know what I mean!

I just had mine replaced twice. I broke the first one and insurance had it replaced. And that one was a bad batch and had bubbles in the laminete so I had it replaced again. No its perfect.

Its always nice the first few days having a completely clear window. Until it gets dirty again haha..

Man, that's a lot of windshield changing.... Unfortunately for me, my deductible is $1,000 so replacing the windshield is Out-Of-Pocket.
Lucky you!

nice! and where are you located in NJ?

I am in the Bergen Country area.
With about 2 year of owning the car, I only saw 3 X's around this area driving!

gearhead899

Reaction score
dang, why no X-Runners in South Jersey!??? :motz: lol yeah iv only seen a handful around and they are all stock

FireB

Reaction score
dang, why no X-Runners in South Jersey!??? :motz: lol yeah iv only seen a handful around and they are all stock

Funny thing is that I bought his X in South Jersey.
LOL
They really have no stock in Northern Jersey for sure.
I had to go all the way close to Camden to get this sucker.

Fish_On

Reaction score
Haha. Hope they primered the bottom because judging by your wiper blades being propped up they didn't pull the cowl and they stuffed your windshield. Its sure hard to see all those cuts in the metal that they made long knifing or extracting the bottom out and never removing the cowl.

And just an FYI most all glass companies use the same aftermarket glass. The quality difference is on the adhesive and prep of the glass and pinchweld. Everyone thinks they got a good install until 5 years down the road you have a water leak and I pull it and its a rust bucket because they dragged cold knifes around and plunge cut the entire molding off and didnt prime very well.

Last edited:

justin13703

Reaction score
Haha. Hope they primered the bottom because judging by your wiper blades being propped up they didn't pull the cowl and they stuffed your windshield. Its sure hard to see all those cuts in the metal that they made long knifing or extracting the bottom out and never removing the cowl.

And just an FYI most all glass companies use the same aftermarket glass. The quality difference is on the adhesive and prep of the glass and pinchweld. Everyone thinks they got a good install until 5 years down the road you have a water leak and I pull it and its a rust bucket because they dragged cold knifes around and plunge cut the entire molding off and didnt prime very well.

Buzz killington over here...lol

FireB

Reaction score
I shall see what happens.
As for now it is OK, but like you said in 5 years, it definitely might start to deteriorate.
The guy just took the 1/8 inch strip looking thing at the bottom of where the windshield wiper sets.
I was with him looking at the way he put it on.
He did not seem to slide the windshield or wedge the windshield on the bottom at all.
He was basically on the dirver's side and kinda lowered it toward the passenger's side just like the motion when you close the hood.
Then he did not move or reposition the windshield at all but again, I don't have full understanding of what you said so it could get worse.......

Maybe I won't have the truck by then?! LOL

Edgeman

Reaction score
I think I've had 5 chips repaired in my windshield. Eventually it will be completely covered by that resin they use to repair it...hope I can still see through it. :)

Top Bottom