Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Newspaper and Vinegar

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
So, I remembered from about a year back, I was in my Manufacturing Processes Lab, with one of the smartest Engineers I have ever met in my life... At any rate, you could ask him almost anything and he either knew it, or would go find out for you... super cool guy.

So I am looking at my desk yesterday and see some newspaper, which reminded me of something he told our class.

Take 1/2 vinegar to 1/2 2 water in a spray bottle. Scrunch up some newspaper and spray then wipe... Some sort of reaction with the black ink of the paper reacts with the solution and super cleans your windows without streaks or lints...

Just DONT use color ink!

I'll post pics this weekend after I was my truck again:top:

trd_sport

Reaction score
Ive always used newspaper to wash my windows...works awesome. The thing about the vinegar is adding it to water causes the acid of the water to neutral out.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Yeah, i use to use newspaper to clean my windows but i have since started using a mf towel. The good thing about newspaper is it leaves no lint on the window.

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
It's too early, I knew that, haha...:laugh: What solution do you use, or just the towel?

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I use this, gives me pretty good results.

getImage.aspx

Vince77

Reaction score
I found that the Mr. clean multi suface cleaner works damn good on glass. :top:

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
Ha, a lot of us use different stuff.

I think my biggest pet peeve about any vehicle I drive is a clean windshield, windows, and mirrors.

I go through at least a bottle of windshield washer fluid every week or two... It doesn't cost but 2 dollars at the most so I use it like crazy :biggrin:

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
I thought you meant the other 2 other words mf could stand for. :biggrin:

Thats all I hear come out of your mouth when you clean your truck...

Haha, damn someone has a stalker from the window...watching you glisten in the sunlight with your white wet t-shirt and soap suds all over your sweaty body as you wash your truck with your perverse language :laugh:

lamecargo

Reaction score
last time i cleaned my windows to the best i could was the last time becasue i come out of walmart and there where hand marks where someone was looking in through my window

Vince77

Reaction score
Haha, damn someone has a stalker from the window...watching you glisten in the sunlight with your white wet t-shirt and soap suds all over your sweaty body as you wash your truck with your perverse language :laugh:

Ahhem, well it just got a little uncomfortable in here.

InkedRunner

Reaction score
So, I remembered from about a year back, I was in my Manufacturing Processes Lab, with one of the smartest Engineers I have ever met in my life... At any rate, you could ask him almost anything and he either knew it, or would go find out for you... super cool guy.

So I am looking at my desk yesterday and see some newspaper, which reminded me of something he told our class.

Take 1/2 vinegar to 1/2 2 water in a spray bottle. Scrunch up some newspaper and spray then wipe... Some sort of reaction with the black ink of the paper reacts with the solution and super cleans your windows without streaks or lints...

Just DONT use color ink!

I'll post pics this weekend after I was my truck again:top:

Is this method safe for tint or is it just for the outside of the windows?

AFP520

Reaction score
Best steps for cleaning glass:

Windshields: Raise wipers from windshield. Use rubbing alcohol on the entire piece of glass to clean away contaminants and chemicals. Get yourself some spray wax/polish. Honda stuff works GREAT http://www.viewpoints.com/images/review/2007/161/17/1181513551-27008_full.jpg

Moto pro works too http://www.cyclegear.com/images/oil/MotoPro SPray Polish_310x310.jpg

Each can is uber cheap. It will bead water, and keep your wipers lasting longer because the glass is smoother.

DO NOT EVER USE RAIN X OR LET ANOTHER ALCOHOL BASED CLEANING PRODUCT COME IN CONTACT WITH YOUR WIPERS. Alcohol dries rubber people. Rain X is just making you replace wiper blades more often.

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
Is this method safe for tint or is it just for the outside of the windows?

I believe you are not supposed to use it on tinted windows... I don't know for sure, though.

Best steps for cleaning glass:

Windshields: Raise wipers from windshield. Use rubbing alcohol on the entire piece of glass to clean away contaminants and chemicals. Get yourself some spray wax/polish. Honda stuff works GREAT http://www.viewpoints.com/images/review/2007/161/17/1181513551-27008_full.jpg

Moto pro works too http://www.cyclegear.com/images/oil/MotoPro SPray Polish_310x310.jpg

Each can is uber cheap. It will bead water, and keep your wipers lasting longer because the glass is smoother.

DO NOT EVER USE RAIN X OR LET ANOTHER ALCOHOL BASED CLEANING PRODUCT COME IN CONTACT WITH YOUR WIPERS. Alcohol dries rubber people. Rain X is just making you replace wiper blades more often.

Like I said earlier, I clean my windows constantly and I use Rain X on the windshield... but I also clean my truck every (or every other) weekend, and always clean my wipers with Windex... I have never had to replace for being dried out... just normal wear and tear around every 6 months.

Last edited:

AFP520

Reaction score
Like I said earlier, I clean my windows constantly and I use Rain X on the windshield... but I also clean my truck every (or every other) weekend, and always clean my wipers with Windex... I have never had to replace for being dried out... just normal wear and tear around every 6 months.
Go smell a bottle of rain X and let me know what you think then. If you want to dry out your rubber, be my guest. Rain X is not a lubricant by any means. If you waxed the rubber, it would last longer.

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
Go smell a bottle of rain X and let me know what you think then. If you want to dry out your rubber, be my guest. Rain X is not a lubricant by any means. If you waxed the rubber, it would last longer.

I couldn't care less what it smells like. If you take care of the wipers with the combo of Rain-X, they won't wear any faster than normal wear and tear.

I'm not trying to say your wrong, it is great info, and I wasn't aware of it before you mentioned it. I just have always taken the precautions of cleaning the wipers every time I clean the truck so that the rubber doesn't get ruined. And so far the combo of Rain-X and my wipers has never seemed to wear or dry out. :top:

Top Bottom