Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Next mods??? Next sport bike???

dcaff05XR

Reaction score
Rite now im in the process of putting in the cam gears. Have been running the x1 without them for a few months. Just put in the t-stat as well. Hopefully i feel a decent power gain once everythings in.
Heres what i have so far
*URD short thro
*AEM CAI
*DTLT's
*APR X1

WHATS NEXT???

*TRD S/C
*URD MK3 S/C ( is it out?)
*Go N/A with TTC Intake manifold and V8 throttle body.
*How much is it to powdercoat valve covers???

NEXT SPORT BIKE??? (Have a 96 CBR600F3)

*Daytona 675
*CBR1000RR
*Ninja ZX-6R
*GSX-R750
*Bike with training wheels and horn mounted on handlebars

By the way. I live in Jersey. To fill up from half of a quarter tank of premium cost 66$!!!! %@$#*&%$!

Last edited:

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
If you already have the APR X1 talk to gadget. I know butters has the MK3 URD S/C.

Do you actually have an AEM air intake? I've never heard of that before. I don't know much about bikes but give G a call or email and talk to him.

Clewis333

Reaction score
Butters just got the MKIII (was supposed to be done installing today, screw trd go URD! (John just blew his motor with a TRD :thumbdown:)

dcaff05XR

Reaction score
Yea i dont know anyone else on here who has an AEM. Its an aem brute force. its similar to the trd except the air box is open on top it seals when the hood is closed, where the trd is a closed box that connects to the hole in the fender.

racer_x070413

Reaction score
as far as the bike.....well I have had a few and I must say my current one is the most amazing bike I have ever ridden. it is an 08 aprilia tuono factory. pretty rare bike. VERY limited numbers shipped to America. its a v twin 1000cc bike. comes with ohlins suspension front and rear. ohlins steering stabilizer. I have taken this thing low enough in corners that I leave part of my boot on the pavement and it feels almost as stable as riding completely upright while doing it. I have destroyed ducattis and busas going down the freeway. just because I am looking to go more track and if I go down I dont want to destroy such a beauty I am considering selling it.

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
I keep going the bike route.

R1 has shaved head, graves superbike cams, Graves velocity stacks, Akropovic superbike exhaust, ohlins shock, ohlins adjustable steering stabilizer, Forks redone by a race shop.

The tard is a procircut probuilt racebike that was originally Tommy Hayden's.

09runner

Reaction score
truck: go with a s/c.

bike: CBR1000RR ftw!!! been riding honda's my whole life man. they can take a serious beating and still kick ass on the street and on the track.

83cruiser

Reaction score
get forced induction on the truck, i am hopefully going that route when i get stateside.

as for the bike, hondas are good all around bikes, yamahas are road course beasts (i currently own 2 R6's). if you're looking at getting a relatively new bike (08 and up) kawasakis are top for suspension and power. my cousin has an 09 and i shaved over a second off my lap the first time i rode it at the track.

itsme71190

Reaction score
I'm a Honda guy. I'm selling my f4i next month due to me getting surgery. N I'm trying to pick up an 08 rr

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
as far as the bike.....well I have had a few and I must say my current one is the most amazing bike I have ever ridden. it is an 08 aprilia tuono factory. pretty rare bike. VERY limited numbers shipped to America. its a v twin 1000cc bike. comes with ohlins suspension front and rear. ohlins steering stabilizer. I have taken this thing low enough in corners that I leave part of my boot on the pavement and it feels almost as stable as riding completely upright while doing it. I have destroyed ducattis and busas going down the freeway. just because I am looking to go more track and if I go down I dont want to destroy such a beauty I am considering selling it.

I love Aprilia bikes, one of my good friends has a 2001 RSV4 Mille and that bike between all the carbon fiber and composite and the V-twin makes me **** every time i hear it.

go with the gixxer-750 trust me you wont be disappointed, best combination of power and nimbleness. Or you could go with a MV Agusta F4 and just be a total f*ckin bada$$.

as for the truck, do some investigating and decide which s/c is right for you both have pro's and con's and both bring different things to the table. for the valve covers, should cost you more than $50 to have em PCed I had mine done back when I had my X and was a 3 day turnaround on it and it was free :biggrin:.

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
Then again the torque curve from the trd blower will make hauling bikes better. Perfect reason for both.

triumphx

Reaction score
Im sorry but unless your aprilia is boosted there is no way you took a busa on the highway.
OP- i would upgrade the bike as it sounds you have a decently modded truck. I ride a daytona 675 and love every second of it, with just a flick of your weight this bike just falls into corners , great components stock and a good combo of power and torque. Not to mention you dont see them everywhere like the power 4 from japan. I am currently putting down 114 hp to the wheel and weighing in at a whopping 380 lbs. But on the other hand i am currently installing a turbo on the xr.

Limitless

Reaction score
Of the bikes ou listed i would go with either the Triumph or the CBR 1000, honda are good all around bikes and you can beat the crap out of them which im sure you know with the F3, and triumphs have a nice rarity about them as well as good performance. And as for other bikes, I have an aprilia rsv factory and love it although im pretty sure my V-twin cant take a busa on straights but will own almost everything in the turns (full Ohlins FTW). The new RSV4 could probably take a busa though since it wieghts a lot less and puts out almost as much power. But you dont buy a street bike for straights, its all about the twisties.

CBRBob

Reaction score
The superbikes will take busas, XXs and 14s in a straight line, then they come back for top speed.
At the track I have personally split a busa and a XX on my 929 after coming out of a corner onto a long straight. I did have cams and it was tuned, but I was giving up 200-300ccs to them. Dont worry about the speed. Pick the bike that fits you physically and makes you want to ride it (mentally)...... the Honda! LOL

landshark

Reaction score
Get an RSV4 and don't look back. JK, if money was an object, then out of those bikes, I would go for a new gsxr-750 as it is newly redesigned and one of the best middleweight bikes.

burnboy

Reaction score
The daytona is the easiest bike to ride hands down. It forces you into the perfect riding position. Cruising in traffic isn't a daytona 675. Its a country twisty backroad bike or a track bike. Its not comfortable unless you're riding it. And I mean riding it. Take a good msf class and get to the track with a good instructor led track org. Seat time seat time seat time

My buddy drags case covers at texas world on his busa. Throws sparks. Its a sight to see draggin elbow on a busa.

Last edited:

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
I road my friends 675 at a trackday and it felt real good. Just didn't pack the punch of what I'm use to.

Attachments

• 225482_1027320415968_1614052653_96853_9377_n.jpg
    225482_1027320415968_1614052653_96853_9377_n.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 129

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
IMO GSXR750-1000, easy to make power out of.

But as said above pick what bike fits you best, even if you like the bike you may not be comfortable sitting on it.

I like to feel like I am a part of the bike, not like I am sitting way on top of it.

Top Bottom