Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

No Cruise for Me

bigdreams

Reaction score
Help! My cruise control has gone out. I push the button on the side and the light on the dash comes on. Then I try to set the speed and it doesn't set.:dontknow:

Gadget

Reaction score
Is your check engine light on now?

G

rexrunner

Reaction score
Do.you have an aftermarket alarm? Are you trying it over 15mph?
Clutch cannot be in nor the brakes being pressed.

Gadget

Reaction score
Normally the cruise control will not set if you have a check engine light on.

I think Rex is on the right track with checking the clutch and brake pedal position switches.

G

bigdreams

Reaction score
I did that clutch pedal mod using the adjustable chair legs a few weeks ago. That may have been when the cruise control stopped working. Is it possible for that to mess with things? I may have messed up on the mod a little

redarkx

Reaction score
bigdreams said:
I did that clutch pedal mod using the adjustable chair legs a few weeks ago. That may have been when the cruise control stopped working. Is it possible for that to mess with things? I may have messed up on the mod a little

If your accidentally broke a switch or something down around the clutch pedal, or somehow sucked the pedal in a bit that could be the problem.

wlylwinstin182

Reaction score
Redarkx hit the nail right in the head. The clutch pedal is sucked in too far. I did this mod awhile back and ran into the same exact problem. Took off the mod and now my cruise control works perfectly again.

Murderface

Reaction score
If u learn to drive the truck properly u won't need a clutch pedal mod......just sayin

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I actually wouldn't recommend that mod to most people. Unless you are very sure of what you are doing. There is a fine line between taking out the extra travel of the clutch pedal, and causing problems.

Gadget

Reaction score
If your accidentally broke a switch or something down around the clutch pedal, or somehow sucked the pedal in a bit that could be the problem.

That is the problem.

The switch if I remember will slide in and out with a ratchet type clip. You can reposition it so that it is pushed in far enough when the pedal is up.

That switch is to disconnect the cruise when you tap or push the clutch pedal. That is so the engine will not race if you push in the clutch before disengaging the cruise.

G

X'ED

Reaction score
you might have to "screw" down the switch on the pedal assmy, at least thats what i had to do, it wasnt making contact when the pedal was all the way up.. might be missing the pad that makes the contact...?

the switch is at the top behind the fuse box/pannel, its much easier to unbolt and push it out the way to get to the switch

bigdreams

Reaction score
I might just reverse the mod. I can barely tell a difference between with and without the mod. I probably messed up the mod a little. Lol

X-Caliber

Reaction score
The switch gadget mentioned is a little white button that the clutch pedal depresses when the clutch is not in use. to prevent redline by mistake, there is also a similar button on the brake pedal.

I would not recommend trying to bypass the button for safety concerns for the truck.

Top Bottom