Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

No reverse lights or "BEEP"

Reaction score
Okay, about a month ago I noticed that my truck would only beep periodically when going to reverse. And since I rarely drive the truck now I had completely forgotten about it. We'll I took the wife out the other night and went to back out, heard no "beep" and noticed no reverse lights. I have done a lot of reading to find that most people say it is the reverse gear detection sensor on the transmission. Now for the problem. Not one article I have read tells the placement of the sensor. One person even shorted out some things on his truck thinking he had the right sensor and trying to test it by jumping the wires. I don't want to do the same. Has anyone had to replace this sensor and could possibly give some details. Thanks in advance

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
I wasn't aware the Xr's had a beep. Could it be a newer model? What yr is yours?

Reaction score
It's a 2006. When I purchased it and went to leave the lot, it was the first thing I noticed.

justin13703

Reaction score
All the x runners have a beep when going into reverse. As for the location of the switch, I'm not too sure

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

STONER-X

Reaction score
Mine does the same exact thing. .. Most of the time it beeps but every once in awhile it does nothing or comes on delayed

Edgeman

Reaction score
All the x runners have a beep when going into reverse. As for the location of the switch, I'm not too sure

Bought mine new off the lot in 2008. Have never heard a "beep" when going into reverse. Now if I drive down the street without my seatbelt, get plenty of beeps after ~50 yards.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
Bought mine new off the lot in 2008. Have never heard a "beep" when going into reverse. Now if I drive down the street without my seatbelt, get plenty of beeps after ~50 yards.

mine is an 08 also and it beeps everytime I go into reverse.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a pic from the T56 swap thread. Should help you find it.

Stock trans top-down view. Blue circled connector on the left is the VSS. The Green one is the reverse lamp switch.
7798105b-3ffc-4913-a082-ef7918633d14.jpg

Hi_Psi

Reaction score
Mine beeps, i was going to also add trying to check the fuse, and if your a/c is still working. I know the same fuse has will make the beep not come on, reverse lights come on, and the a/c control not come on. 10amp fuse under dash, should be on the bottom row

Top Bottom