Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Not an X, but looks good anyway...

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Been in a Taco with a sunroof, it was pretty nice.

Did somebody not enjoy his?
No...

But being a regular cab, you have different stress points then we do (having an access cab). Just make sure whoever does it (if you do it) makes sure they know what they are doing. You don't need that tiny space of metal over top of you in the cab getting fragile for the sake of a sunroof.

ryanjboutin

Reaction score
No...

But being a regular cab, you have different stress points then we do (having an access cab). Just make sure whoever does it (if you do it) makes sure they know what they are doing. You don't need that tiny space of metal over top of you in the cab getting fragile for the sake of a sunroof.

Never thought of it like that, good point.

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
Looks good keep us posted on the progress! And welcome to the site!

ryanjboutin

Reaction score
Well, finally got the wheels out of powder coat and the Nitto Neo Gen 245/40-18's mounted, and everything is on!

The DuPont Silver powder is pretty close to the original color, so I deemed it not necessary to paint the center caps as you can't really tell unless you stare at it.

Just needs a drop. Speckman, no comments lol :eviltongue:

downtown.jpg

XrunnIT

Reaction score
that should look real good once its lowered!

keep the mods coming.

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
lookin good so far bro... you need black headlight mod! and taillights tinted. whats your overall plan for the truck? tryin to make it look like the red one or just kinda goin a different route? it would be cool to know what your plans are so everyone knows what you need and can be on the lookout for you!!!

cuz dats how we roll son!

ryanjboutin

Reaction score
lookin good so far bro... you need black headlight mod! and taillights tinted. whats your overall plan for the truck? tryin to make it look like the red one or just kinda goin a different route? it would be cool to know what your plans are so everyone knows what you need and can be on the lookout for you!!!

cuz dats how we roll son!

Not trying to make it look like the red one. I'm just a fan of the current vehicle trends of having the black part on the bumper. I see a lot of cars here in SD doing that, and I decided that I'd do it right by having a body piece there instead of using paint or vinyl. My TW build.

The headlights are actually all clear, and I'm not a fan of the BLHM or tinted tails so much. My tails are kinda tinted with silver spray paint, then I cleared over them.

Plans are to lower it, I have the DJM kit now. PreRunner leaf packs went on today and gave me 1.5" of rear drop.

Beefed Taco will be notching the back and providing blocks.

QA1's next month hopefully...and if URD actually does put out a supercharger...well...I'll be boosing daily!

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
if you have the 4.0 urd does have a s/c and if you have the 2.4 i think theres a s/c for that too... you prolly have the 3.5 though right? dunno bout that one.

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
if you have the 4.0 urd does have a s/c and if you have the 2.4 i think theres a s/c for that too... you prolly have the 3.5 though right? dunno bout that one.

you cant get a 4.0 in anything other than a prerunner/4wd, or xrunner. base models only come with the 2.7.

ryanjboutin

Reaction score

What? haha

It's a standard cab, they all come with the 2.7L 2TR-FE.

Side shot properly reflecting the new wheels and the PreRunner leaf drop.

leafs1.jpg

X-roller

Reaction score

They come in a 2.7 I think all single cabs do.... The other motor size is what comes in our trucks 4.0 It's the biggest one the taco has. :top:

Welcome to the underground brotha!

ryanjboutin

Reaction score
your on your way to looking like Johns truck,

Yup, Speckman and I have similar taste when it comes to our single cabs. I'm waiting to get the Cal-Vu mirrors instead of painting the stock ones though.

I had eyelids at one point, but I didn't have the patience for the vinyl so I ripped them apart and tossed 'em lol

Murderface

Reaction score
Welcome aboard brotha. Ur getting there with the truck, I'll be anctious to see where it ends.
Also, is the tire size ur running to keep u in stock wheel over all height?

ryanjboutin

Reaction score
Welcome aboard brotha. Ur getting there with the truck, I'll be anctious to see where it ends.
Also, is the tire size ur running to keep u in stock wheel over all height?

The 245/40-18 tires, instead of the stock 255/45-18 tires, are a little over an inch shorter top to bottom, so about .5 inches lower just from tires.

I'm not overly concerned with my speedo being a couple mph's off. Nobody does the limit anyway...

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
oops i guess i need to brush up on my toyota motors... dont laugh at me this is my first toyota! thanks for schoolin me though :top:

x-runner808

Reaction score
lookin good man..
with a drop it will look really nice..
keep up the work

Gadget

Reaction score
I have a nice cat-back exhaust that will fit that truck if you want one.

G

ryanjboutin

Reaction score
I have a nice cat-back exhaust that will fit that truck if you want one.

G

Once my FlowMaster shits the bed, I'll take you up on that. I've been looking for an excuse to rock a URD sticker.

Top Bottom