Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Not to sure?

M3mNoch51

Reaction score
So, I've been wanting to for the longest time now to make my X perform like a beast. Problem is everybody that I talk to seems to try and suede me to not supercharge it or mess with anything internal. I am told that doing all these upgrades will just break the engine and it wont last as long as it would if I didn't put the upgrades on, and also that its my daily driver and as much as I drive it to work wont make it last. I'm not sure what to think as I see plenty of the people on here with the much wanted upgrades and they seem to not have to many problems. I really dont want to give it up or trade it in for something with much more bang for my buck cuz I really enjoy my X, and I want to take it to my goals in mind with hopefully no problems but if its not logical then maybe I'll have to wait. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
I dont think it matters if u plan to go above and beyond... Im sure you'll end up building the engine anyways with the ways that sounds

absolut

Reaction score
whouldn't building the engine make it stronger? :dontknow:

Thats the way im gonna go, build the engine. than again im thinking why build the engine when we have a shitty transmission. Im scarred. hahaha.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
just keep it in a safe boost range (below 10 psi) and a free flowing exhaust (headers, y-pipe, catback) without cats and you'll be fine. my truck is just as reliable boosted as it was n/a and a heck of a lot funner :top:

justin13703

Reaction score
My truck has been supercharged since the week it rolled out of the factory. Almost 60,000 miles now and not a single issue. If you dont go crazy you wont have many problems. If you do want to go crazy, start with internals first and work from there.

Reaction score
is there a certain mileage that would make our trucks not worth working on so much? I am still getting an idea of the common problems and tendencies of x's

redarkx

Reaction score
Talk to sdxrunner, he boosted his at 114k on the odometer I believe? Also, he drives the piss out of it at drift events and I think he still drives it to work.

Remembered his engine did get replaced after it swallowed a screw, unrelated to age of engine combined with boost if I remember correctly.

hiflyer

Reaction score
I boosted mine at 100,000kms

at 160k now with no problems ;)

gregincali

Reaction score
I boosted at 40k at 60k now its my DD no probs on stock trany, I dont shift hard, but I do mash on it from time to time, and do a couple of canyon runs a month,
BOOST AWAY...Brother!

kcidmil

Reaction score
whouldn't building the engine make it stronger? :dontknow:

Yes and no. While building up the engine will make it stronger, it's mainly on those parts that are replaced. The saying still holds true for "a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link." So for every upgrade that is done, the weakest part of the engine just changes.

However I agree with you on the transmission, it's amazing how much that Aisin hunk of junk ruins the experience.

Top Bottom